Who said 15% to 20% price increases for 2014

Swift01

Well so far in 3 months I have seen 2 items which I bought go up 30% and 35% respectively. One was a frame the other a Derailer hanger.

From the same shop for example the derailer hanger went from R213 to R300 in 3 months...

The frame went from 14k to 19k in 3 months.......

Looks like 2014 bike prices and spares are going to look very grim :-(

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well so far in 3 months I have seen 2 items which I bought go up 30% and 35% respectively. One was a frame the other a Derailer hanger.

From the same shop for example the derailer hanger went from R213 to R300 in 3 months...

The frame went from 14k to 19k in 3 months.......

Looks like 2014 bike prices and spares are going to look very grim :-(

Looks like you got lucky .....

yeah got the frame just in time. Broke a hanger that week (got some rope stuck in the rear derailer) and it cost 216 for a new one. Just got another spare for TB race and cost 300.

Yip wish my salary went up that much....

i get a fixed petrol allowance, capped.

it hasn't gone up and we have seen something like a 15% increase in petrol since jan

times are grim in general, my bikes for sale need that cash for other things because of this ***

i love having the CPI fight at work, or wherever I can. Have you worked out what your personal inflation is. Take your normal basket of good. Fuel, food, clothes, electricity and even your monthly bike consumables and check what you come out on!

I check our fuel log last night, when we got our vehicle same time last year, we were paying around R10.94 per litre of Diesel, not its over R13.50/l. That is over 20% on one item and unfortunately a very big spend in most of our budgets!

www.alibaba.com

:whistling:

R19k gets you 4 frames.

Ha ha i see a lot more hong fu stuff next year.

For the record the 2012 of the same frame (mine was 2013) also went up in price. May be thats to pay for the shop expansion......

i love having the CPI fight at work, or wherever I can. Have you worked out what your personal inflation is. Take your normal basket of good. Fuel, food, clothes, electricity and even your monthly bike consumables and check what you come out on!

I check our fuel log last night, when we got our vehicle same time last year, we were paying around R10.94 per litre of Diesel, not its over R13.50/l. That is over 20% on one item and unfortunately a very big spend in most of our budgets!

I posted a thread on how food has double in the last 5 years a while back

Food in this country is more expensive than the US and EU on most products except meat

Food in this country is more expensive than the US and EU on most products except meat

But these bike parts have a 30 to 35% increase. Must be the rand/dollar plus bigger bike shop :-)

i get a fixed petrol allowance, capped.

it hasn't gone up and we have seen something like a 15% increase in petrol since jan

times are grim in general, my bikes for sale need that cash for other things because of this ***

I can't understand companies that do this, they wouldn't be impressed if you stopped working once you reached the cap.

But these bike parts have a 30 to 35% increase. Must be the rand/dollar plus bigger bike shop :-)

I was just referring to increases and inflation in general - but agreed people are ramping the prices not gradually lifting them. The assumption of the rand/$ is that they are brand new and imported recently. If they were just from a stock pile in the back then we /you are really getting ripped a new one

imagine we all took a bicycle to work - less money wasted on petrol and cars - less traffic and gasses damaging the earth

we can have online meetings via VC why not , and we will all be healthier and happier because of it

I know ideal world

Yah, the Sunday Times had an article on income required for a four person family to maintain a basic living standard, no frills, kids to public schools, 1.2 mil bond repayment, private medical, insurance, etc, have two small cars and maybe save a small amount monthly for a rainy day, and it was estimated 30k per month income was the minimum.

.....and you are correct on the cost of food in the USA and Canada, its substantially cheaper for basic commodities, even meat from a supermarket is not that much more expensive than here, depending on the cut its pretty much on par.

The only thing I found more expensive in the USA than here was toothpaste, go figure, for some reason its about 30% more expensive for the same brands we get here, but then one can get local brands like "Crest" which is much on a par.