Voriberg 10 August

Active Monkey

Really enjoyed my first Voriberg! Definitely tough and my legs are quite tender right now. Finished in 3h07 so happy with that, managed to catch a couple of guys on lap 2.

I think this is a very well balanced course with a bit of everything - steep climbs with some rock, steep descents with a lot of rock! plenty single track and some fast flats, even a bit of sand. Best thing is it's 99.9% rideable (suppose 100% for some). Thought the course was well marked ( much better than last week's fiasco at Red Barn!) and no congestion. I will be back.

Did you show me your Spez before the race?

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ps i would talk so loud ... Go compare us too on strava for this ride

Ha ha ha ... yeah you left me in the dust. Check my signature line, my chirp was of course tongue in cheek.

Were you in the MTN gear?

No, Maniyak cycles kit. I thought it hurt this morning (which I'm blaming for a lousy-ish time) but now it's daaaamn sore. My legs have around 20-25 cuts on them, they burn like all hell. Cleaned them with Dettol and put some germolene on, still burning lol. Hoping to catch a backrub from the missus tonight to sort that pain out ....

No, but I do ride a Spez epic marathon?

Some really friendly racing snake type guy chatted to me before the race and showed me his nice Spez 26'er. Said he had a big party night before.

Hi Clive,

Any chance of sending the results to SASeeding? That would be nice :)

8) Why isn’t the race I competed in not included on the Saseeding/ KiaRanking website

If the results do not appear on the website, we have not received it from the Race Organizers or Timing Company. You are welcome to send the organizers a mail and request that they send us the results to carla@saseeding.co.za (Excel format containing the following participant information:

8.1 Name

8.2 Surname

8.3 Distance

8.4 Event Time

8.5 ID Number

8.6 Gender

8.7 Position

I was one of the 70km, one lap finishers... tried tha event with a mild flu, it was tough and I still had fun but when I rode past the start for lap two I was bushed lol!

Beautiful trails, well run event definitely going to train harder and be back again next year but will hit the 35km to try get into top 20 or there abouts...

Hi Clive,

Any chance of sending the results to SASeeding? That would be nice :)

I will send the results to sas in a few days time, just need to sort out potential DNF which i listed who actually did finnish the race.

Any reason why I am DNF'd? I should be 4th?

4th? My team mate was 4th overall.. 4th in the 70km or shorter distance? Juuuust checking :ph34r: