Meerendal mtb race

Johny Bravo

Hey guys and girls. I entered the Meerendal mtb this weekend, I have not really seen any other people doing this race. Who else is doing this, seems like fun. I know most people wil do the Java challenge PPA race, but this seems like fun.

Hey man. I am there. Might do some other trails after. Looking forward to going 100% for 28kms. Should be super fast.

Niiiiice, looking forward to seeing some fellow hubbers. The 28km is gonna be seriously fast, also it is a early start 8 am. Looking forward to some food and wine afterwards.

Pack your strong legs.The distance is short, but climbing will be done.Almost 1000m.Almost identical to Epic prologue.I will be in Robertson,doing a 70km.

Come to meerendal at 7. I am going to enter on the day. R230 for entry for entry and free shirt. Steep I know.

Allready entered. Doing the 28, and plenty wine afterwards. Sounds epic, 1000 meter climbing is just abour right for the long weekend.

This was most def. one of the crappiest events i have done, terrible organization. False start ... Climbing single track within first 1km of start and getting stuck, no way to pass, having to climb fences ... race cut short by 6km (+-200m climb), very crap and very disappointing.

Very poorly organised indeed. I still feel like I havent finished because there were just too many cars, runners and general traffic to get to the finish safely. Very chaotic indeed. The 28km false start was an absolute joke!

On the bright side I really enjoyed the great Cape weather and fantastic trails.

Half the cost of a full year's Tygerberg MTB club permit down the drain in 28km's....I'm glad I'm spending the weekend in Jongensfontein! Wouldve probably done it as its on my doorstep, but by the sounds of things glad I didn't!! Sorry to hear guys, our trails in Durbanville offer so much than this!

Edited by BFScott

I rode slowly with a friend near the back, and the slower guys had a terrible, terrible "ride"/push. Poor beginners who did the 30km Burger, and who thought this 28km would be similar!

My first time on those trails and where they were well maintained, they were fantastic! But some seemed really neglected? Now I understand why the Epic guys were pushing up that one hill where they had the TV camera in 2012 in the Prologue!

Edited by Thor Buttox

Ouch, for you Pro guys, yeah, the false start must have been a real mess up. I on the other hand (having done the 30km Die Burgher) last week, was expecting a nice chilled 15km race today. Ummmmm Mereendals 15km was the hardest race i've ever done, 80%+ uphill with serpentine down hills and I even (like so many other 15's) had to get off and push my bike up the hills. Most definitely hard work today!!!!! Despite this, I enjoyed the day but agree if I'd be caught in the false start, i'd have been very miffed.

rode the 28/22km was a nice ride not for the faint hearted, trails are perfect. False start was a pain but got the legs warmed up. Patrick and TMTBC crew are doing a great job out there, and making the trails a challenge for all beginners to pros which makes it a perfect place for events and training on a daily basis. Would be nice if they do a event which includes all the TMTBC trails now that will be a challenge for all hint hint any events companies out there.

Edited by markflwrs