Thank you Specialized

Maniax

Daai een van my of Liz se ou hemde? Moet wees.

Yep. Pieter het dit vir my gegee toe ek net begin trap het. En ek moet sê, daai was my favorite gewees :) die agterkant is effe gaar nou.

Edited by Daniel Rossouw

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep. Pieter het dit vir my gegee toe ek net begin trap het. En ek moet sê, daai was my favorite gewees :) die agterkant is effe gaar nou.

Gooi weg. Het vir jou ander. Stuur my jou adres.

Gooi weg. Het vir jou ander. Stuur my jou adres.

Kudos bud, nice gesture!!!

Edit: Spelling... it's too late

Edited by Bobbo_SA

I actually think helmets are the biggest ripoff ever.

you get helmets and you get helmets. there's nothing to say that a R1300 helmet is going to protect you better than a R300 helmet. as for a R3000 version? chances are the R300 is safer than the fancy flimsy one that you see on the tour podiums.

with so much R&D, fancy technology and economy of scale most of your money is going to marketing. only logical reason for them to get more expensive over time. If I'm wrong then it's disgusting that cycling companies would disproportionally spend money on safety for the super rich.

so ja, thank the helmet..any helmet.

ps. tannie helen, you reading this? go speak to pravin and get him to drop the import duty on cycling helmets. dumbest tarrif ever.

you get helmets and you get helmets. there's nothing to say that a R1300 helmet is going to protect you better than a R300 helmet. as for a R3000 version? chances are the R300 is safer than the fancy flimsy one that you see on the tour podiums.

with so much R&D, fancy technology and economy of scale most of your money is going to marketing. only logical reason for them to get more expensive over time. If I'm wrong then it's disgusting that cycling companies would disproportionally spend money on safety for the super rich.

ps. tannie helen, you reading this? go speak to pravin and get him to drop the import duty on cycling helmets. dumbest tarrif ever.

Not so sure. I think there is much that goes into the development of a helmet (weight, aerodynamics, strenght, impact absorbtion etc).. I had a Pro bike R200 helmet before my Specialized. I doubt that cheapy could have handled the impact. Its made from a two piece mold stuck together where as the foam on the Specialized is 1piece and far better compacted to absorb impacts througout the lid.

I for one would say, buy the best helmet you can afford. Don't do cheap. There's much at stake.

I agree on the import duty though! :)

Edited by Daniel Rossouw

All helmets have to adhere to certain standards otherwise they would never be allowed onto the market. So, the cheap and the expensive lids should protect you just about the same. Difference is weight and aerodynamics, but that in itself is maybe a case of 50 grams, and a slightly less aerodynamic design. But ja, unless you are a TdF time trial rider, the whatever helmet you use won't slow you down.

What it REALLY comes down to, is that you pay for looks.

Edited by Azonic

Years ago Bell had a slogan : " if you have a $10 head, buy a $10 helmet"...

They were referring to motorcycle helmets but I think it still applies to all protective headgear...

This is nogal a good idea for a new discussion thread. To get guys' views on helmets. Are they worth the cost, or is cheap ones just as good?

Thanks to the collective wisdom of the Hubbers and the incredible service of the Complete Cyclist in Houtbay, I received my new Specialized helmet today! Awesome stuff.

And we should always keep in mind, you get Helmets and Helmuts

Fine, here goes. Not pretty though

You right, those grazes don't look good either, :).

Hard luck mate. Get well soon.

I did a faceplant on tar at 34km/h on Saturday. This helmet probably kept me out of hospital and major trauma. Face got pretty banged up, but the noggin is safe.

The helmet is knackers but did its job. Thank you Specialized for quality products.

So glad you posted this.

I had quite a nasty fall on the Spruit the other day, trying out a new jump we had built. I was wearing my Specialized helmet and apart from a snapped strap, the rest of the helmet remained in tact even though it was one of my nastiest bails. I wish they would make some AM helmets so it could be my next helmet purchase.

So glad you posted this.

I had quite a nasty fall on the Spruit the other day, trying out a new jump we had built. I was wearing my Specialized helmet and apart from a snapped strap, the rest of the helmet remained in tact even though it was one of my nastiest bails. I wish they would make some AM helmets so it could be my next helmet purchase.

Check out the Specialized Vice.