Menabo Winny 3

Grondpad

Anybody have a Menabo Winny 3? They seem to be priced well, but its about 4kg heavier than the Thule Euroride 3 bike. Its about 1200 bucks cheaper so it looks like a good deal. Anyone got some input?

Edited by Grondpad

Great bike rack.

Great service.

I use the two bike one and a mate of mine has the 3 bike. We're both very happy.

Reason I ask is that I bought a brand new Euroride 3 bike for R3,750 last month.

Bought it from the Tyre shop on Lynnwood, same centre as the Lynnwood Cyclery

Bought one from Cajees in Strubensvalley on the weekend. Paid R3500 (was superchuffed with the price).

Took me quite a while to put together and get the setup right for all the bikes. Have not driven with it yet but seems excellent quality.

Bought one from Cajees in Strubensvalley on the weekend. Paid R3500 (was superchuffed with the price).

Took me quite a while to put together and get the setup right for all the bikes. Have not driven with it yet but seems excellent quality.

Flippen good price that! It does take a while to assemble but if you follow the instructions its not that hard.

Reason I ask is that I bought a brand new Euroride 3 bike for R3,750 last month.

Bought it from the Tyre shop on Lynnwood, same centre as the Lynnwood Cyclery

One of the biggest advantages (IMO) the Winny has over the Thule is the placement of the 'bracket/ bar' that hold the bike clamps. This is situated between the bikes as opposed to right up against the car and then all the bikes loading behind it. This eliminates some issues with getting the clamp arms to reach all the necessary frames.

I like the Buzzrack Buzzybee 4, which is around R3899 from rackandcarry.

Have had mine for almost 2 months, and no problems... and it carries 4 bikes with no problems.

Wow!! Ordered yesterday just before two and got it today at 11. I assembled it and it looks really nice. Just a bit heavy but I think all platform carriers are.

One problem that I have now is that the lights on the carrier doesn’t work, but I don’t think it’s the carrier. A week ago a random dude started talking to me when I got into my car and asked me if my plug on the towbar is working as he has the same car and Ford cannot seem to get it to work. I replied that I do not know as I only got the car a couple of weeks prior to that. So it seems like I have the same problem but I think I will test the plug of the carrier on another car before I book my car in at Ford.

WRT the carrier. It look great, seems like great quality and took about 20min to assemble. No worries here

• 4 weeks later...

I've had my Menabo Winny 3 for about a year now, works great. Very easy to fit to my cars and load the bikes. Its a bit heavy so I haven't asked my wife to try fit it to the car, but I'm sure she can if she have to.

I made a bit of a mess when I tilted the rack back into the horizontal position and snipped one of the electrical wires in the tilting mechanism (didn't cost me too much to get this fixed).