The self-balancing electric unicycle

Tumbleweed

What’s the hardest part about riding a unicycle?

If you said finding the desire to ride a unicycle, you may well be correct. But once that desire has been embraced, the hardest part becomes learning to ride a unicycle. For all of us stuck between desire and ability to be come a unicyclist and who are also indifferent to mocking by friends, family, peers, and strangers, SBU have a solution: the self-balancing electric unicycle.

http://singletrackworld.com/2013/08/let-us-introduce-you-to-codename-sbu-v3/

post-1604-0-09174800-1376473018_thumb.jpg

I don't see how that stops you falling over sideways, or helps you steer?

I have eventually gotten to the point where I can sort of not fall on my face within 1 metre on my Uni, but have now realised that I have no control over where I am going, and only marginal control over the sideways balance.

I even managed to get my grubby paws on the Cirque du Soleil training manual and it has been no help at all.

I don't see how that stops you falling over sideways, or helps you steer?

I have eventually gotten to the point where I can sort of not fall on my face within 1 metre on my Uni, but have now realised that I have no control over where I am going, and only marginal control over the sideways balance.

I even managed to get my grubby paws on the Cirque du Soleil training manual and it has been no help at all.

That's about as far as I got too!

My problem is that whenever I try its a mates house and he invariably pulls out as a party trick and I have invariably had 1 or 6 beers and I invariably end up on my face within 1m

I have a VERY low mileage one for sale if anyone's interested. More like millimeterage to be honest.

I got as far as riding 1m and then falling gloriously and ungracefully and almost always with a pedal beating me in the shin.

Mine is now a cool wall ornament....

I have a VERY low mileage one for sale if anyone's interested. More like millimeterage to be honest.

What do they normally go for? And where would I find one. With or without an owners manual.

Can I get it with a 29'er, or is a 26'er better?

What do they normally go for? And where would I find one. With or without an owners manual.

Can I get it with a 29'er, or is a 26'er better?

don't you want to add :do they have suspension or rigid?

With Unicycles, the debate is 26"or 20".

I can categorically say that my 26er is harder to learn because you are further off the ground.