MotoGP

SeaBee

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Likewise - no Lorenzo fan. But that was the most super and smooth ride ever. Pure class... Now bring on Valencia! :thumbup: Hopefully some history can be made.

Yeha, Valencia is gonna be one rip snorter of a race. Personally I think Marquez was still a bit weary of pushing it too hard after that wipeout in the morning practice, but hey.

Rossi just didn't have a good race at all.

Yeha, Valencia is gonna be one rip snorter of a race. Personally I think Marquez was still a bit weary of pushing it too hard after that wipeout in the morning practice, but hey.

Rossi just didn't have a good race at all.

With regret I think he's a spent force and should call time now....

Generally races with that kind of pressure don't end well, can think of a few SBK WC seasons that ended like that a few years ago .......

With regret I think he's a spent force and should call time now....

I'm in 2 minds. I think the supersic incedent really, really took a toll on him both emotionally and from a focus perspective, and given that that was, what, 3 years ago now? It's still semi-fresh in his mind. Something like that is bloody hard to get over.

Then again, he's been battling with the balance of the bike in some races. There's no doubt about it - that Lorenzo / Marques battle is epic, and he's going to have to lift his game more next season to reliably compete with them, if he is to be up there.

He's not been top rung this year, for sure - but in some of the races you can still see he has that killer instinct, but seems to be holding back a bit. Almost as if there's that niggle in the back of his head...

I REALLY want to see him compete properly with Marques and Lorenzo again next year. After that, who knows - but I reckon he'll stay on as a developer, or even maybe start his own team. Would be awesome to have Marques and another rider under his development and tutelage.

Plus - he's one of the only racers to openly congratulate ANYONE who wins / comes ahead of him. A real sport.

I'm in 2 minds. I think the supersic incedent really, really took a toll on him both emotionally and from a focus perspective, and given that that was, what, 3 years ago now? It's still semi-fresh in his mind. Something like that is bloody hard to get over.

Then again, he's been battling with the balance of the bike in some races. There's no doubt about it - that Lorenzo / Marques battle is epic, and he's going to have to lift his game more next season to reliably compete with them, if he is to be up there.

He's not been top rung this year, for sure - but in some of the races you can still see he has that killer instinct, but seems to be holding back a bit. Almost as if there's that niggle in the back of his head...

I REALLY want to see him compete properly with Marques and Lorenzo again next year. After that, who knows - but I reckon he'll stay on as a developer, or even maybe start his own team. Would be awesome to have Marques and another rider under his development and tutelage.

Plus - he's one of the only racers to openly congratulate ANYONE who wins / comes ahead of him. A real sport.

Yup its exactly 2 years since that tragedy. I think VR46 made a catastrophic blunder going to Ducati.....

Yup its exactly 2 years since that tragedy. I think VR46 made a catastrophic blunder going to Ducati.....

Indeed. Indeed he did. He should have stayed with Yamma after perfecting it.

That's also something people forget - his input into the Yamma development.

Some interesting insights in his book as to the difference in Yamaha and Honda when he came there! And they were nowhere when he got there... then winning that first race - classic!

I understand Crutchlow's move to the Ducks even less. If I had to choose, I'd ride another season on the Tech 3 and I am pretty sure he'll have gotten Rossi's seat in the works team the year after that.

He may be an Aussie... but I'd have loved to see Stoner out there as well. (sk27 just spat out some coffee, I'm sure of that!)

Some interesting insights in his book as to the difference in Yamaha and Honda when he came there! And they were nowhere when he got there... then winning that first race - classic!

I understand Crutchlow's move to the Ducks even less. If I had to choose, I'd ride another season on the Tech 3 and I am pretty sure he'll have gotten Rossi's seat in the works team the year after that.

He may be an Aussie... but I'd have loved to see Stoner out there as well. (sk27 just spat out some coffee, I'm sure of that!)

Yeah, I don;t understand that either. And the tech 3 team is doing far, far better ito performance & reliability than the Duc. I mean, when last did a Duc finish in the top 4? Hayden seems to be out of it completely lately. He's DEFINITELY lost his spark, for me...

But Crutchlow is looking after himself. Maybe the offer from Duc was too good to miss out on, and let's face it. If he can make that pig work, then why not?

Just one word sums it up, arogance!!

Seabee, you sir owe me a new laptop!!! But yes I hope and pray daily that a certain #27 will magically appear and show these boys how it's done but alas, it never happens.

I feel for poor Ben Spies, announced his retirement over the weekend. Another big name added to the Red beast destroyer, although his initial injury was on the Yammie. I really hope Cal can do the business on the Duke, it's their last real chance. Dovi seems happy to jus pootle around and get his pay at the end of the month.

Oh and Hayden back on a Honda is going to be something to watch, not a prototype but still a good machine according to a certain MotoGP legend who recently rode it........

Edited by sk27

Guest Omega Man

I feel for poor Ben Spies, announced his retirement over the weekend. Another big name added to the Red beast destroyer, although his initial injury was on the Yammie. I really hope Cal can do the business on the Duke, it's their last real chance. Dovi seems happy to jus pootle around and get his pay at the end of the month.

Oh and Hayden back on a Honda is going to be something to watch, not a prototype but still a good machine according to a certain MotoGP legend who recently rode it........

Yah sucks for Spies. That duck really is a career eater. It's even better at breaking riders than the green bike that used to break careers. I'm sure Crutchlow could have had his pick of works bikes in WSBK and maybe even a privateer bike or 2.

Espargaro (the one in moto 2) is being groomed by Yamaha for Vale's bike so that's probably why he's taking the Ducati works bike. If there was any justice in the world Yam would give Cal a works bike in the tech 3 team next year and Vale's bike the year after.

Yah sucks for Spies. That duck really is a career eater. It's even better at breaking riders than the green bike that used to break careers. I'm sure Crutchlow could have had his pick of works bikes in WSBK and maybe even a privateer bike or 2.

Espargaro (the one in moto 2) is being groomed by Yamaha for Vale's bike so that's probably why he's taking the Ducati works bike. If there was any justice in the world Yam would give Cal a works bike in the tech 3 team next year and Vale's bike the year after.

Yeah. That old sad kwakkasaki.

IMO there's no other choice for him, I'm afraid. But hey - we're just the fans. I'd love to see Crutchlow come out and smash that Duc like nobody since Stoner has done, but it just has a history of being a total dog on anything but those old resilient bridgestones they used to run back then. When they really had the edge on power by a factor of bajillions.

Guest Omega Man

Yeah. That old sad kwakkasaki.

IMO there's no other choice for him, I'm afraid. But hey - we're just the fans. I'd love to see Crutchlow come out and smash that Duc like nobody since Stoner has done, but it just has a history of being a total dog on anything but those old resilient bridgestones they used to run back then. When they really had the edge on power by a factor of bajillions.

Ja. I really rate Crutchlow. When he got signed i was one of the dudes going WTF has he done to deserve a moto GP ride? He's really impressed tho. But the Yam hasn't worked out for everyone. Edwards, Toseland, Spies. I think Yamaha has a very clear idea who their lead riders are and everyone else feasts on scraps. When Dovi was on the Tech 3 bike he had to pay for the upgraded Brembo brakes out on his own dime and I think the number was 60 000 Euro. It's not ALL hot models and luxury motor homes on GP.

Got to give to Marquez, riding like that after a crash! You can actually see the determination to win in his riding style! Love it!!