MotoGP

SeaBee

Tiiiiiight in FP!

Marquez 18 thousand quicker than Jorge, who is a further 6 thousands quicker than Pedrosa! 24 thousands cover the top 3 - all of course at home.

Joh Joh, looks like it could be a humdinger of a race then.

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Omega Man

Marquez deserved it, but there's no denying Jorge has huge heart and will never give up...

That's why I'll continue to support him.

It reminded me of the WSBK showdown between Troy Bayliss and Colin Edwards at Imola in 2002. Epic race. How aggressive was Jorge? Yoh!

I somehow never was a big Jorge fan, but I have to admit - this season he did more to win me over (even whilst cheering for the other guy!) than not. He had a great, gutsy and epically ballsey season.

Did not watch the race, only heard Jorge won with Marc 3rd.

Did they fight for it, or did Marc just let him ride off into the sunset, whilst protecting his position?

Did not watch the race, only heard Jorge won with Marc 3rd.

Did they fight for it, or did Marc just let him ride off into the sunset, whilst protecting his position?

I watched most of the race. Until Marc waved Dani through towards the end, the three at the front were right on the limit. Jorge dished out a master class in riding in my opinion, have gained new respect for him this season.

I watched most of the race. Until Marc waved Dani through towards the end, the three at the front were right on the limit. Jorge dished out a master class in riding in my opinion, have gained new respect for him this season.

Jorge is a great rider, reminds me a bit of Rossi in his younger days. Marquez has also got talent coming out his ears.

Its great to see so much talent and rivalry in MotoGP at the moment. Much more fun to watch than the days when Rossi just absolutely dominated almost every race..

Edit: Oh and have you noticed that Jorge is one of the few riders left that doesn't do the "Rossi foot out" thing when entering corners?

Edited by goose1111

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Omega Man

WSBK back in SA next year. Phakisa. Subject to contract.

I would have preferred Kyalami myself cos I think it's a much better track but we'll take it.

Edited by Omega Man

WSBK back in SA next year. Phakisa. Subject to contract.

I would have preferred Kyalami myself cos I think it's a much better track but we'll take it.

Awesome news.

Now what attractions thereabouts to lure my wife in that direction?? Phakisa is a more open and flowing track, would make for closer racing than Kyalami I think. MotoGP was awesome there.

Imagine the local wildcard rides!!!

Edited by sk27

• 3 months later...

Almost time to lock n load! Can't wait, though I'll be missing most of it. Will be able to catch the race, though!

Hope they sort out this sheet with Ducati running (lat I've heard) under it's own set of rules, really ridiculous.

Guest Omega Man

Apparently Jorge has asked to test Espargaro's open class machine cos he believes the extra 4 litres of fuel and the softer rear will give more of an advantage than the cost of running the control ECU.

Yamaha management said How about NO!

And in even more bizarre news Ducati are allowed to race in the "factory" class but get to take advantage of the extra 4 litres of fuel and the softer rear tire cos they haven't scored a win in however many seasons. I think it was 2.

If I was Yamaha or Honda my toys would be well out of the pram by now. I really think Dorna has lost the plot now. So there are now 3 sets of rules.

If I was Yamaha or Honda my toys would be well out of the pram by now. I really think Dorna has lost the plot now. So there are now 3 sets of rules.

Agreed, they trying to out do the 4 wheeled circus and over complicating things...KISS

Anyway who knows maybe it works and we have some great racing...although I don't know how you can call it racing when you have to worry about how much fuel you use....

How things have changed. Rules now need to be amended to allow Ducati to be able to compete. A few years back, they were the dominant team (althought the rules did favour them then as well).

edit. It was more in SBK, GP not so much. They actually thought they just gonna rock up in the GP paddock and dominate as in SBK.

Rude awakening they had. :whistling:

Edited by Wannabe