MotoGP

SeaBee

2 hours ago, Rocket-Boy said:

Why?

Every sport needs a rockstar, he was that for MotoGP.

Sure its time to retire now, but I dont think there is any reason to dislike him.

Was, he is all for rider development then he should move aside and not hog a competitive bike. More so when his protégé Franco could do wonders with it......

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, Steven Knoetze (sk27) said:

Was, he is all for rider development then he should move aside and not hog a competitive bike. More so when his protégé Franco could do wonders with it......

Steven took the words right out my mouth...

8 hours ago, Steven Knoetze (sk27) said:

Yes because people randomly retire mid season ????

10 hours ago, Patchelicious said:

Yes because people randomly retire mid season ????

Nobody said he should retire mid season. He can continue to "race", wave at the camera's and then he can retire at the end of the year????.
Seems Petronas have officially said their goal is to secure young talent and that they will not renew. Would imagine there is a performance clause in the contract anyway.

Glad to see Bastianini has landed on a bike at least with Gresini, and on a Ducati.

5 hours ago, Steven Knoetze (sk27) said:

Glad to see Bastianini has landed on a bike at least with Gresini, and on a Ducati.

Bastianini on a Gresini Ducati.

Rhythmic Italian content off the scale there...

Lots of talk going around bout Rossi. He VR46 team will be on Ducatis next year and he is contemplating his future. 

As much as i would love for him to continue it does look like the end of the road unless he finds some form. Silverstone will be full of yellow for what could be his swansong year. 

38 minutes ago, IceCreamMan said:

Lots of talk going around bout Rossi. He VR46 team will be on Ducatis next year and he is contemplating his future. 

As much as i would love for him to continue it does look like the end of the road unless he finds some form. Silverstone will be full of yellow for what could be his swansong year. 

Jip, 8 Dukes on the grid next year. Very disappointing.
As far as Rossi racing, can't see the Ducati improving his fortunes. Nothing wrong with the Yamaha. Quarterpounder leading the championship. Vinales has won, and topped FP1 today too. It is not the bike.......

• 1 month later...

So....Who of you are as excited for the weekend as I am? I'm even contemplating the weekend video pass so I can watch all the quallies.

18 minutes ago, l4y3rcake said:

So....Who of you are as excited for the weekend as I am? I'm even contemplating the weekend video pass so I can watch all the quallies.

more excited for British GP....got tix, got park n ride, got brolly, gonna watch the king win....

35 racing, Dani racing (i think) 

35 minutes ago, IceCreamMan said:

more excited for British GP....got tix, got park n ride, got brolly, gonna watch the king win....

35 racing, Dani racing (i think) 

Wish we still had races in SA.

CC35 racing the next 3 races will be interesting. I see KTM only mentioning Dani will be at the Styrian GP as a wildcard so not racing at Silverstone.

49 minutes ago, l4y3rcake said:

Wish we still had races in SA.

CC35 racing the next 3 races will be interesting. I see KTM only mentioning Dani will be at the Styrian GP as a wildcard so not racing at Silverstone.

Dani may do Misano, not doing Silverton.
Crashlow will definitely race 3 races but possibly up to the next 5.

I am excited. I expect Marc to be much fitter. Fabio to have a **** fit or 5 in Styria when the Yammie battles. Watch out for Binder and the "kissing siblings" Oliviera.

So each manufacturer has 3 wildcard entries a season apart from Aprillia that have 6. Only 2 entries allowed each race and they have to apply 90 days in advance. I don’t think CC will do more than the 3 they have applied for unless they drop one of their riders. Don’t know if KTM applied for more than the Styrian GP but according to the article on Redbull.com Dani will only be racing the one. Maybe the bug bites and he does a couple more.

2 hours ago, l4y3rcake said:

So each manufacturer has 3 wildcard entries a season apart from Aprillia that have 6. Only 2 entries allowed each race and they have to apply 90 days in advance. I don’t think CC will do more than the 3 they have applied for unless they drop one of their riders. Don’t know if KTM applied for more than the Styrian GP but according to the article on Redbull.com Dani will only be racing the one. Maybe the bug bites and he does a couple more.

Crutchlow is not wildcarding though. He is replacing Morbidelli which Yamaha is contractually obliged to do.

7 minutes ago, Steven Knoetze (sk27) said:

Crutchlow is not wildcarding though. He is replacing Morbidelli which Yamaha is contractually obliged to do.

I see. Didn't know Franco would be out for that long. Just read the injury report now.