MotoGP

SeaBee

Oh and the biggest loser for sure is McPhee, he will for sure have no ride when Petronas's Moto3 team folds. And his rides this year have not set the world on fire either.....
Vierge, they DO NOT NEED more spaniards so he is poked too!!

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, Steven Knoetze (sk27) said:

Sorry to say but holding onto Rossi, in a development team, has done more damage than anyone cares to admit.

100%. I'm a big Rossi fan but he should have packed it in 2 years ago. Having Rossi in your team is as much a curse as it is a blessing. And him racing around for a single point every weekend must be terrible advert for the manufacturer, team and sponsors.

If he still wants to race bikes then go lord it in WSBK like Max did for a year or 2. 

Edited by Duane_Bosch

2 hours ago, Steven Knoetze (sk27) said:

My hunch is that they want Gerloff in MotoGP, they need an American. Remember Gerloff is signed directly to Yamaha with a clause to go to GP's if a ride is offered. It's like musical chairs......
Remember that with Brad doing well they do not need another South African in GP's. So why not move Darryn to WSBK. Sucks because I think Matthew Scholtz deserves the ride more. So Gerloff to the factory team and keep Morbidelli in SRT but on a factory bike. Remember Morbs has always been signed to SRT, not Yamaha so his deal has been confirmed to be a Yamaha factory bike NOT in the actual factory team. They would have shown him as being moved in the Dorna inforgrams thingie then.
The last piece to the puzzle is unfortunately getting a Brit up into the GP class, that's either Dixon or Lowes to the 2nd SRT seat. (Who else, Criminal Redding, Davies, or a BSB rider perhaps, wouldn't mind seeing Bradley Rat tbh) 

If Dorna is floating SRT for 2022, which looks to be the case, they will have an influence on who goes where and they NEED a Brit in the GP class, not another Saffa.
Sorry to say but holding onto Rossi, in a development team, has done more damage than anyone cares to admit.
It is a fascinating silly season, big loser is Morbs if he doesn't at least end up on a factory backed bike........

This all sounds like an Indian mass arranged marriage ceremony, maybe the "damage" is in the contract requirements or whoever writes them up

50 minutes ago, SwissVan said:

This all sounds like an Indian mass arranged marriage ceremony, maybe the "damage" is in the contract requirements or whoever writes them up

Yeah, my musical chairs analogy is there because when all the music ends, not everyone is happy........

16 hours ago, Steven Knoetze (sk27) said:

Just needs Doohan.....

Yeah that's another legend but, and I stand to be corrected, I don't think he ever raced for Yamaha? I think all these guys raced for Yamaha at some stage.

38 minutes ago, Long Wheel Base said:

Yeah that's another legend but, and I stand to be corrected, I don't think he ever raced for Yamaha? I think all these guys raced for Yamaha at some stage.

Kevin Schwantz has always been a Suzuki man. My thought is this is a pic of American champions. Plus Rossi. There's 1 or 2 missing tho. Roberts Junior and Eddie Lawson. And of course Nicky. RIP.

Trick question. Who is the odd man out?

44 minutes ago, Long Wheel Base said:

I believe he raced a Yam at WSBK level in the late 80's

Was at a rock festival on sunday so missed the race. Knew the result. LAst night i watched the race, well done 33...briliant. He was mixing it with the front runners even before the rain and he was there. Great race.

17 hours ago, IceCreamMan said:

Was at a rock festival on sunday so missed the race. Knew the result. LAst night i watched the race, well done 33...briliant. He was mixing it with the front runners even before the rain and he was there. Great race.

Who was playing?

23 hours ago, Duane_Bosch said:

Kevin Schwantz has always been a Suzuki man. My thought is this is a pic of American champions. Plus Rossi. There's 1 or 2 missing tho. Roberts Junior and Eddie Lawson. And of course Nicky. RIP.

Trick question. Who is the odd man out?

Edwards?

Just now, mazambaan said:

Edwards?

Indeed. Double WSBK champ (and my all time favorite rider) but never won a Moto GP race. The closest he came was the last corner at Assen where He and NH69 were aiming for the same piece of tarmac. Nicky won. Colin came home in 13th.