MotoGP

SeaBee

So... Surely if MV was fired from yam Aprilia would have applied the you test an unmarked black bike till January gentleman's agreement that everyone seems to have adhered to in the past??? How do you jump ship like that mid season? The tiny bit of respect I had for that oke is well and truly gone now.

I honestly thought he'd be on testing duty till 2022.

How is he testing and Racing the bike? I don't get it? Someone who knows please tell me.

Anyways. If his Aragon result is anything to go by he should fit mirrors to his bike so he can get out the way when he gets lapped

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, Yamaha ended MV’s contract so he is free to ride for any other other team - no problem with that.

As far as respect, I don’t see any reason for such... Sure he respects every opposition team the same.

Of course with Aprillia being the new team in the paddock, there will be soe catching up to do, as expected - but give them some time

7 hours ago, Duane_Bosch said:

So... Surely if MV was fired from yam Aprilia would have applied the you test an unmarked black bike till January gentleman's agreement that everyone seems to have adhered to in the past??? How do you jump ship like that mid season? The tiny bit of respect I had for that oke is well and truly gone now.

I honestly thought he'd be on testing duty till 2022.

How is he testing and Racing the bike? I don't get it? Someone who knows please tell me.

Anyways. If his Aragon result is anything to go by he should fit mirrors to his bike so he can get out the way when he gets lapped

Like Roddie said, Maverick was released from his contract. Contracts generally run 1 January to 31 December, which is why riders jumping ship aren't allowed to test bikes until the next year, which is not the case here. Aprilia also has a lot more concessions than the other manufacturers (including more testing days), so he can spend more time on the bike than anyone else. Plus, Aprilia needed someone to fill in for an injured Savadori, so it all worked out.

Zarco leaving KTM was different I think, he was never actually released from his contract mid-season, just that he didn't have to ride for them any longer.

18 minutes ago, Duane_Bosch said:

On Crash.net they have Daryn Binder as a possibility at 2nd Yam team. Is that a real possibility?

That's been the rumour for the last month or so. They pushed Dixon into the GP race last weekend(dismal) and McPhee got a shot on the Moto2 bike(very average).

Darryn was seen testing an R1 in Brno sparking the talks. That could also mean a possible move to SBK for Darryn which is the other side of the rumour mill.

https://www.visordown.com/news/racing/motogp/darryn-binder-samples-yamaha-r1-superbike-amid-growing-motogp-talk

Edited by l4y3rcake
grammar

2 Saffers in the premier class. One of them on a works bike. Who would have thunk it?

In other (but very relevant KTM) news Toni Cairoli has announced his retirement from the motocross world championship. The Decarli team and Toni Cairoli have been a huge part of KTM's growth in the last 12 years. And to think they actually got turned down by Yamaha.

I enjoyed the San Marino GP.
Great ride by Pecco again, somebody needs to start putting pressure on him now that the Ducati turning is sorted.
Bastianini also rode very well, he surely needs a factory bike. Showing up his team mate, as expected.
Marquez rode a very good race considering his condition.
Is there a more unlikable champion in Quarterpounder??
Also think Brad is doing well on a bike that seems to be struggling a bit. Those concessions taken away is affecting their development I think.

• 2 weeks later...

Not Motogp but BSB related. On netflix there is a series called I Superbiker about the British Superbike championship. 2 movies out so far and they are excellent in giving an insight into the BSB class. I think there were 4 movies made but only the first 2 are on Netflix. 

The tracks these guys ride are insanely dangerous i reckon. But a hugely thrilling championship and kinda makes sense why guys from this series are so succesful in WSB. 

1 hour ago, IceCreamMan said:

Not Motogp but BSB related. On netflix there is a series called I Superbiker about the British Superbike championship. 2 movies out so far and they are excellent in giving an insight into the BSB class. I think there were 4 movies made but only the first 2 are on Netflix. 

The tracks these guys ride are insanely dangerous i reckon. But a hugely thrilling championship and kinda makes sense why guys from this series are so succesful in WSB. 

I really enjoy BSB. The tracks are a little lacking in run off areas and there's some real characters that make the series. For me it's the strongest domestic series in the world.

I'm also enjoying the American series (Moto America) with the 2 saffers mixing it up with the Americans and the 2 hasbeens. The tracks are also awesome with loads of elevation changes and big green runoff areas instead of gravel traps. What I find confusing is that it's a bit of a garagista series. You'd expect the US to have the better domestic series.

Edited by Duane_Bosch

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, sawystertrance said:

This is gonna be epic. The "dive bomber" will disrupt the start and first 3 laps immensely. He will have to change his style and give everything in the first 3-5 laps. I just can't wait. Can't find an excited emoji! I hope he has better quallies than his brother and his teammate.