MotoGP

SeaBee

Wish we could thumbs up the likes we get. @Matt get on it. Or just some kudos of some sort. We all have such mindlike thinking.

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

What a diabolical blunder by the race officials in the Moto2 race hey.
Only watched the replay yesterday.
And then interpreting the rulebook in such a way as to hand Viette points just feels wrong.

Rumour mill has the mighty Suzuki leaving motogp in 2023. Would be sad. 

how was 93’s save on Sunday… my golly goodness, 

On 5/3/2022 at 1:26 PM, IceCreamMan said:

Rumour mill has the mighty Suzuki leaving motogp in 2023. Would be sad. 

how was 93’s save on Sunday… my golly goodness, 

Pretty much confirmed as the staff and riders have been told of them leaving.

Meaning Mir to HRC is not just a rumour, there is some merit to it. Pol out on his ass.
Taka to WSBK. Ohura in.
Miller possibly to LCR, but then what of Alex Marquez?
Fabio will resign for Yamaha, but looking like Morbidelli possibly not, hoping that means Toprak in......
Then what of the Suzuki slots, There will definitely be 2 more Aprilia's on the grid. That is for certain but Maverick won't be on a factory bike I reckon.
Also who gets the factory duke between Martin and Bastianini.

Crazy silly season!!!!!

9 hours ago, Steven Knoetze (sk27) said:

Pretty much confirmed as the staff and riders have been told of them leaving.

Meaning Mir to HRC is not just a rumour, there is some merit to it. Pol out on his ass.
Taka to WSBK. Ohura in.
Miller possibly to LCR, but then what of Alex Marquez?
Fabio will resign for Yamaha, but looking like Morbidelli possibly not, hoping that means Toprak in......
Then what of the Suzuki slots, There will definitely be 2 more Aprilia's on the grid. That is for certain but Maverick won't be on a factory bike I reckon.
Also who gets the factory duke between Martin and Bastianini.

Crazy silly season!!!!!

Looks like the rumours were just rumours. Mir and Rins are just as shocked as everyone else.

https://www.crash.net/motogp/news/1002081/1/joan-mir-was-ready-sign-suzuki-honda-yamaha-rumours-false

23 minutes ago, Steven Knoetze (sk27) said:

We all know a rumour in the MotoGP paddock is simply an unconfirmed fact........

I'm not to sure about that. 

Every year is Jack Miller's last factory year and it hasn't happened, it is probably gonna happen, but it hasn't for the last 2 years that it's been reported/speculated. Toprak in MotoGP? Hasn't happened but it was the big rumour in the paddock last year. He definitely has a chance to take over from Dovi next year but that is still rumour/speculation.  Not all rumours become facts.

Edited by l4y3rcake

13 hours ago, l4y3rcake said:

I'm not to sure about that. 

Every year is Jack Miller's last factory year and it hasn't happened, it is probably gonna happen, but it hasn't for the last 2 years that it's been reported/speculated. Toprak in MotoGP? Hasn't happened but it was the big rumour in the paddock last year. He definitely has a chance to take over from Dovi next year but that is still rumour/speculation.  Not all rumours become facts.

I hear you, mostly these riders deny rumours while the ink is still drying on the page.

For sure its Jack's last year as a factory Ducati rider, they won't risk losing Martin and they have an asussie in Gardner so no more pressure on that front. What Ducati does with Bastianini will be interesting.
Lots of "rumours" about Dovi not even riding out the year. Toprak was upfront saying he won't leave WSBK before he wins a title, that's done now so lets see. Garvis has already started turning on Morbidelli.

I am curious to see where Rins goes.
I think a move for Mir to HRC is a good one. HRC has shown they are looking beyond Marc so why not. He has a style that would suit the Honda too.

I don't see any place on the grip for Alex Marquez or Nakagami.

Another curious one is who will get the Suzuki slot and with what bike.
Apparently there is a satelite Ducati team already looking at running Aprilia's...........

Edited by Steven Knoetze (sk27)

• 2 weeks later...

Not Moto GP but Calvin Vlaanderen took the win in this weekends MXGP. He races on a dutch passport but he's a PE boy.

It always amazes me how SA seems to produce so many MX stars with a TINY talent pool and racing scene.

• 3 weeks later...

It was a great race for Fabulous Fabio, the rest of the guys fought for the rest of the podium spots from the first corner after Fabio took the lead. Don't think the Turn 1 incident affected the outcome of the race at all. Fabio was on rails and in a league of his own. (surprisingly so, for me at least)

How about Aleix's miscalculation on the last lap? That gave Fabio a bit more breathing space on the Championship log. 

3 hours ago, Wannabe said:

It was a great race for Fabulous Fabio, the rest of the guys fought for the rest of the podium spots from the first corner after Fabio took the lead. Don't think the Turn 1 incident affected the outcome of the race at all. Fabio was on rails and in a league of his own. (surprisingly so, for me at least)

How about Aleix's miscalculation on the last lap? That gave Fabio a bit more breathing space on the Championship log. 

Yeah that mistake by Aleix would have been funny if it wasn't so sad. Fabio is definitely in a league of his own, but his arrogance could be his downfall. He has openly said having only 2 bikes doesn't bother him as no-one else on a Yamaha is giving worthwhile feedback. That may be so but they if he gets injured Yamaha are where Honda are, very quickly too. They have a dead end with Franco having a contract and basically "blocking" the 2nd Yamaha seat. Hopefully they can all come to a financial agreement for him to step aside.

I also see Pol to tech3 alongside Remi. So Raul to RNF Aprila maybe more than rumours.
Oliviera to Gresini Ducati also possibly a done deal........