Argus 2014

vaalkol

Well Done to all that rode. We had a great time hosting the guys at the SS The Cullinan. Was nice to watch the prize giving from so close Had a guy from the hub doing a few repairs on sat and sunday. He was rather busy.

:thumbup:

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well Done to all that rode. We had a great time hosting the guys at the SS The Cullinan. Was nice to watch the prize giving from so close Had a guy from the hub doing a few repairs on sat and sunday. He was rather busy.

:thumbup:

I think it was your original post that made me book into the Tsogo Waterfront. GREAT idea. Everything worked out great. Little cycle will be on my desk. Good early breakfast, bottle freezing etc. Sadly no shuttle to registration but that is no biggie. Will be back (big compliment since I have timeshare in The Peninsula).

I think it was your original post that made me book into the Tsogo Waterfront. GREAT idea. Everything worked out great. Little cycle will be on my desk. Good early breakfast, bottle freezing etc. Sadly no shuttle to registration but that is no biggie. Will be back (big compliment since I have timeshare in The Peninsula).

?? Wat we had one next door. . Will pass on the comments to the GM. thx. We aim to try do it better next year.

Some people are just not made for cycling, shaved 55min off last year's time and still rode a less than respectable time :lol:

Hahahaha me too also lol

While im on the top of the Argus. Need some Ideas to make it better for you next year.

On my Grab and go Station this year I had

Potato bombs, boiled eggs, mini banana breads, muffins, bananas , gu chomps, gu sachets, wine gums and jelly babies,tea coffe juice, and a semi frozen banana and peanut butter smoothie.

What else would you like to see?

Also after the race we had beers , champs and OJ and biltong . Anything else you guy would like?

While im on the top of the Argus. Need some Ideas to make it better for you next year.

Potato bombs, boiled eggs, mini banana breads, muffins, bananas , gu chomps, gu sachets, wine gums and jelly babies,tea coffe juice, and a semi frozen banana and peanut butter smoothie.

Also after the race we had beers , champs and OJ and biltong . Anything else you guy would like?

What I would like is an invite to this feast!

Havent had time to read all the pages here and just reading what I can in the car. I LOVE these big rides. I end up laughing. If you just listen in (its called snooping) to all the conversations and the topics. Its hysterical. Then I saw a guy with an entire tuck shop in his back pocket. Just watching him choose WHAT to eat and WHEN was amusing never mind him finding it.

I am booking into The Cullinan next year!! Great to be treated as valued guest. Suggestion (pushing it?) - the very early crowd (4:30) are all serious and eat very little. When I am back by 10:00 I am ready for a proper breakie - was nogal eina to pay again since the first meal was miniscule. How about a ready made 2 lapper run in and grab pack?

Guest Frail4Life

Sorry but nothing fits on my diet list.

I am booking into The Cullinan next year!! Great to be treated as valued guest. Suggestion (pushing it?) - the very early crowd (4:30) are all serious and eat very little. When I am back by 10:00 I am ready for a proper breakie - was nogal eina to pay again since the first meal was miniscule. How about a ready made 2 lapper run in and grab pack?

should not have had to pay again. As we know that most of the guys eat a little. The two lapper is a great Idea . Will just have to find out how many we need when guys check in. Can have a station outside on the road for you. thx for Idea.

Guest Frail4Life

Whats on your diet list?

Chocolate Caramel cake, finnished the cake off on getting home Sunday.

Think I'm gonna book into the cullinan next year too, is there a early bird booking special? How far is it from the start or the finish? I laugh in the face of the 2 lappers... 1 is more than enough are they going for the strava challenges or to make us normal riders feel better?

Think I'm gonna book into the cullinan next year too, is there a early bird booking special? How far is it from the start or the finish? I laugh in the face of the 2 lappers... 1 is more than enough are they going for the strava challenges or to make us normal riders feel better?

about 500 mt to the start and a couple of Ks from finish. Im sure there will be early bird specilas out

Chocolate Caramel cake, finnished the cake off on getting home Sunday.

Ahh thats a easy one . I thought you wanted hens teeth or a bee's Knee's smoothie :eek: