Argus 2014

vaalkol

Let me tell you it is PERFECTLY located in the middle between start and finish. I will book and pay now if they give an early bird special.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Let me tell you it is PERFECTLY located in the middle between start and finish. I will book and pay now if they give an early bird special.

Will ask the powers that be

Think I'm gonna book into the cullinan next year too, is there a early bird booking special? How far is it from the start or the finish? I laugh in the face of the 2 lappers... 1 is more than enough are they going for the strava challenges or to make us normal riders feel better?

I can HIGHLY recommend a stay here !!

The massage while lazing around the pool when you finish is worth the fee!

LeeT, have missed you on here. My suggestion would be have a permanent person on toilet cleaning duties. The mens loo's were a real mess! Loved the idea of the bike stands while you having breakie

I can HIGHLY recommend a stay here !!

The massage while lazing around the pool when you finish is worth the fee!

LeeT, have missed you on here. My suggestion would be have a permanent person on toilet cleaning duties. The mens loo's were a real mess! Loved the idea of the bike stands while you having breakie

:blush: oops

Sorry Slowbee Will bring that up on the Argus post mortem meeting :blush:

:blush: oops

Sorry Slowbee Will bring that up on the Argus post mortem meeting :blush:

nice to see you post again....you still own a bike ? :whistling:

nice to see you post again....you still own a bike ? :whistling:

Good to be back ..... lots of post to read

I do :blush: was supposed to ride this year but had a inflammed hip :cursing:

I can recommend the Cullinan. One of the reasons we keep coming back for the ride and the weekend.

Looking forward to the early bird specials.

I can recommend the Cullinan. One of the reasons we keep coming back for the ride and the weekend.

Looking forward to the early bird specials.

Guys must come say Hi. Im one of the lazy chefs there :whistling:

Guys must come say Hi. Im one of the lazy chefs there :whistling:

Will do. I could tell a cyclist was behind the planning. Some nice touches.

However, i was glued to the righthand side of the road, politely announcing my progress with a " passing right" followed by a "thank you".....

I started in U and found that choice of words there: "passing right" works much better than "keep left"

I started in U and found that choice of words there: "passing right" works much better than "keep left"

Yup, what he said.

Also, passing should be a decisive move. You kick and get past as quickly as you can, not hover on the right for half the length of Chappies. And then follow it with a "thank you".

what a race and that wind, for us coming from GP the wind was a really big wake up call especially on the descents I found a lot of guys passing me there, i just didn't feel comfortable with that hectic gusts of wind.

I felt really strong on the climbs, but on chappies and sukerbos descents I got passed by a lot of peeps, when we came to camps bay I had some matches left and outsprinted the group with 2 kms to go, ended with a 3:10 not to bad for my 1st Argus, not the sub 3 I hoped for though :(

Then I made my way to the start as I was about to enter the shutes my spoke blew :( Quickly had it repaired and started just after the last group. In no time I rallied most of the second time riders we were about 15 I think, also had a nice pace, but I ran out of water and neva saw them again. second lap ended in a 3:54, Im happy with that.

To everyone that gave me space when a guy with a green helmet and bike came past and shouted passing on ur right or coming through on the right thank you, Out of all the people I passed only 2 did not give way, 1 was stubborn and the other had earphones on.

Will def be back next year but not driving again shucks that drive was soooo long

***Edit

Can Anyone who did the race twice see their second lap results?

I can only see the first

Edited by RastaMan

................................... but not driving again shucks that drive was soooo long

I am there with you. :cursing: