Thrills and spills on day one of Masters MTB World Champs

Matt

What happened to all the spruit warriors?? Now is the time to use all the travel on that bike :ph34r:

Spruit machines would be in their element there, do they have ballbags to jump into at world champs?

What happened to all the spruit warriors?? Now is the time to use all the travel on that bike :ph34r:

What? And get our lovely paintwork scratched by shuttling?

:ph34r:

hahaha! ok, but really there are some that you call "Spruit Warriors" that would be racing if they were 30 or over.

The real question is why aren't all the Spruit Stravasoles doing the XCO? Every time I get passed on the spruit by some grumpy looking guy, pedalling his backside off, scowling me for putting his KOM in jeopardy, I think to myself "don't be so harsh on him... he must be training for World's" :lol:

Edited by patches

Exactly. I really don't care what bike one uses for any particular discipline but at least interview a rider who can comment on the 'real world' difficulties etc of the course based on actual experience.

Spruit machines would be in their element there, do they have ballbags to jump into at world champs?

You should see some of the stuff in Cascades at the moment. Rode some of the Enduro trails and DH course a few weeks ago. I shat myself on the stuff which these okes consider speed bumps, nevermind the proper gap jumps and rock gardens.

Going to be fun to watch!...

You should see some of the stuff in Cascades at the moment. Rode some of the Enduro trails and DH course a few weeks ago. I shat myself on the stuff which these okes consider speed bumps, nevermind the proper gap jumps and rock gardens.

Going to be fun to watch!...

Sounds like I need to make a detour down that way and come ride there for a weekend with you guys!!

Sounds like I need to make a detour down that way and come ride there for a weekend with you guys!!

Do it.

Do it.

Yup! the riding in that 'hood is brilliant. Between Cascades and Karkloof you can't go wrong.

Couple of my mates are there right now. 1 racing XC, and 2 on the DH. One of these DH gentleman broke his collarbone yesterday. Second run second corner. :oops:

Our very own Hubber Gnarly's dad broke his collar bone on the XCO course practice yesterday :thumbdown:

Our very own Hubber Gnarly's dad broke his collar bone on the XCO course practice yesterday :thumbdown:

Course is tough! Not good to hear

Sounds like it took 6 guys in hospital to admit that a section was unsafe. Maybe a bit over the top?

Sounds like it took 6 guys in hospital to admit that a section was unsafe. Maybe a bit over the top?

No. There was an A, B AND a C line. So now we sit with an overused sketchy C line, dangerous in itself. Riders brought this up yesterday and fortunately the commissaire opted to check it with the course designer.