What FS for my wife?

racman

I am looking for a FS for my wife and would appreciate advise on what's available and suitable. She currently rides a Spez Myka FSR which is quite heavy. She is about 159/160cm tall and prefers a more relaxed geometry so no extreme XC race machines. I am also unsure as to whether to go 29er as well.

Budget around R20k

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I reckon this is where a 650b would shine. Not sure what models in that range though.

Otherwise just go 26". My wife is the same height and 29'er is a bit too much for her.

I reckon this is where a 650b would shine. Not sure what models in that range though.

Otherwise just go 26". My wife is the same height and 29'er is a bit too much for her.

Thx Nico, what size bike does your wife ride? Very little options available in women's specific so looking at sizing for men's sizing ?

Thx - looks like a great option?

She is about the same length as your wife, so should not be a problem. Finding a small frame though is a problem. I phoned about 20 shops around the country and eventually found one at Cycle Sphere in Durban, which I had couriered up to Pretoria

Thx Nico, what size bike does your wife ride? Very little options available in women's specific so looking at sizing for men's sizing ?

She rides a medium and it's a 29'er, so I reckon sizing not ideal for her but she is strong. When I bought it I reckon the salesman gave me crap advice and just wanted to get the sale through. If I could do it over I'd go smaller wheelsize at least.

I am looking for a FS for my wife and would appreciate advise on what's available and suitable. She currently rides a Spez Myka FSR which is quite heavy. She is about 159/160cm tall and prefers a more relaxed geometry so no extreme XC race machines. I am also unsure as to whether to go 29er as well.

Budget around R20k

You will not go wrong with a Morewood Zula small

Went through the same thing about 2 months ago, decided to choose the components myself and build the bike up.

Went with a Ghost RT5100 frame because of the design and the fact that she wanted something feminine

Spez is brining out the Rumour. My wife will be going from the 26" xc dual to the 29" Rumour