What FS for my wife?

racman

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

She rides a medium and it's a 29'er, so I reckon sizing not ideal for her but she is strong. When I bought it I reckon the salesman gave me crap advice and just wanted to get the sale through. If I could do it over I'd go smaller wheelsize at least.

I'm 1.7m and a mens medium is too big for me! Sounds like its the frame size rather than wheel size that is a problem.

I ride a girls medium which is perfect for me (reach is shorted than the mens).

I'm 1.7m and a mens medium is too big for me! Sounds like its the frame size rather than wheel size that is a problem.

I ride a girls medium which is perfect for me (reach is shorted than the mens).

Yip, I am 1.69 and on a Ghost mens size small (26") they reckon the 29" for the short ladies can sometimes be an issue, my next bike 650b Zula. Hubby converted his 26" zula, still has all the enjoyment of the handling that 26" gave but with more speed lol.. so he says.

But no-one is allowed to let my husband know I rate his bike see.. it's a secret

Thx for all the input and replies everyone...

I am looking at a decent setup first and then once that is done will make a few decisions, one of which could be lightening up the bike a little - better wheels, decent air shock etc. Should all come in less than R10k and if the setup is correct that would enhance the bike a lot more.

In addition, I also feel that besides setup a little money invested on a skills clinic would enhance her confidence levels as well.

Keeping options and opinions open for now.

you can have a look at the Ghost, they come out with decent components and falls in your price range, and as you want you can upgrade a few things here and there, that's what we did with mine, and honestly love my bike, all I've changed over time is the wheels and handle bars.. besides for that.. she's lovely.. (oh and the seat of course)

Sent you a PM. This Zula is for sale. It is a medium but the Zula frame is very compact and suits smaller riders.

Perhaps someone else can comment on this?

post-4408-0-38659800-1377596119_thumb.jpg

Cheers

Peter

Sent you a PM. This Zula is for sale. It is a medium but the Zula frame is very compact and suits smaller riders.

Cheers

Peter

Okay, why did you steal my husband's bike... oooh wait no he has bigger wheels.

no listen if my husband could his Zula would sleep next to him in the bed, he absolutely loves her.

Cheers

Peter

Thx for the pm Peter, but I think she needs a small.

Thx for the pm Peter, but I think she needs a small.

My ex has a small with Crossmax wheels and XT bits.Fox front and back

It is as light as anything and rides like a dream so see if you can find one.Worth it I would say

Wont be long before one pops up with all this 26 shedding

Racman

I have a client selling his wives small Epic for a really good deal.

Sound like Christmas has some early for a lucky lady.

Racman

I have a client selling his wives small Epic for a really good deal.

pm sent - what would the shipping cost be from Transylvania? :)

dont buy women spesific

scott or ktm size small will be perfect

29 er I would say if she is a good rider and if she likes the technical stuff

my wife is 157 and she rides a 29

she loves it

dont buy women spesific

scott or ktm size small will be perfect

29 er I would say if she is a good rider and if she likes the technical stuff

my wife is 157 and she rides a 29

she loves it

The new woman specific stuff from the bigger guys is worth it. On my wifes first bike(Mens small) I had to spend quite a bit of money getting her comfortable on the bike. With the Giant Anthem XW the geometry is perfect.

I agree with you that a year or two ago, the woman specific bikes was just a pretty paint job with crappy components, but if you look at what Giant is doing with the Liv programme, woman specific design is starting to make a bit of sense. The new woman specific spez bikes also looks awesome!!!

Edited by lapa