Time to start trainign for the 94.7 - your schedules?

Bonus

In Durban we have had to start a bit earlier. Engen Cycle Challenge next week and AmaShova on 13 October. I managed to do 1200kms in the off season so should be okay. All outdoors too. Gotta love Durban weather.

Best weather in the country

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's that time of year again . . . winter is over (did it ever really get here?)

IT DID, this morning...

from next week the plan is to do a full commute to work and back, then 2 days ride in, catch the bus back ,and run the last 4,5 k home...gets a bit of a logistical nightmare though.

Edited by pastapouch

Lol for me it's no different than my normal riding I guess, been on the bike pretty much the whole year( my MTB that is) doing 50-80odd a weekend so should manage the 94.7 ok, no I am not competitive I I just ride for fun. May drop an hour or so on the spinning bike in front of the tv some evenings if the fancy takes me.

Also doing the amashova with the wife next month so am retry sure we will be ok.

Good luck to all with your training though.

Trying to get some riding in at kyalami during the week or spinning and ride on the weekends ( MTB or Road ).

That is when work allows...

Trying to get some riding in at kyalami during the week or spinning and ride on the weekends ( MTB or Road ).

That is when work allows...

What is Kyalami like? I've thought about it but never done it. Could be useful after work.

What site can i use to train with a program and upload my garmin data for the training?

And not fittrack as that site is broken... Been trying for days and doesn't work, and the sites tech response guys also don't help

I thought that this week would be the start of things, but alas, work has been hectic to the extreme.

This year will be my first.

With 11 weeks left, just going to train as much as possible during week evenings on whatever (IDT, Stepper, XC Machine) and then up the disctance on weekend rides.

Think I should be ok with a 60km on the mtb.

Then just taking it as easy as possible on the day and have fun.

What is Kyalami like? I've thought about it but never done it. Could be useful after work.

Can get boring, but nice intervals up the mine shaft, do 10 laps a night is good training.

W2W a week before should get me through. Might have some lazy legs during the first half of the 94.7.