Parts washer

NicoBoshoff

If you want a small 16 litre bench top parts washer, then contact Boltfast they are stockists of titan products. I got mine for about 680 ZA ronds.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Fish tank pups don't hold up well to organic solvents - you can however use aluminium friendly solvents in your dishwasher... when the wife is out...

Yeah, wont work, the solvents will damage the pump diaphragm in a very short time and I doubt it would be strong enough anyway.

You can buy stand alone part washer pumps for about 400 bucks, but then you need the make up a stand fit a basin etc, for all the effort it will entail its probably cheaper to just buy one complete, plus size wise you can use a commercial washer for a number of application other than bike parts.

I have a plan somewhere in a gunsmithing manual to make one with a 44 gal drum and a pump. Will look for and cannot promise anything.

44 Gallon drums are quite scarce in South Africa thanks to our cooking habits. Invariably you end up having to weld two braais together.

Fish tank pups don't hold up well to organic solvents - you can however use aluminium friendly solvents in your dishwasher... when the wife is out...

Was thinking about how a cassette would hold up going through a cycle in the dishwasher. Toxic to the crockery/cutlery and would a dishwashing tablet clean it?

Was thinking about how a cassette would hold up going through a cycle in the dishwasher. Toxic to the crockery/cutlery and would a dishwashing tablet clean it?

Ive cleaned an 8 valve VW engine in a dishwasher im sure your cassette and dishwasher will be fine....

Ive cleaned an 8 valve VW engine in a dishwasher im sure your cassette and dishwasher will be fine....

Respect!

But I bet you can't do it with a 16 valve head?

Respect!

Nope, when i built a 16v for my mk1 i had it done at an engineering shop!

The 8v head fits kind of perfectly at the bottom.

Respect!

I was going to say "Respect" in terms of putting an engine in your dishwasher and your wife still allows you back inside the house. :D

If my wife saw an engine in the dishwasher she would have an apoplexy, life certainly wouldn't be pleasant around the house for a while.

The perfect size parts washer for your garage, got this one from Boltfast

post-2304-0-34954700-1377797543_thumb.jpg

and when the pump needs replacing get this one from Adendorff

post-2304-0-12093000-1377797858_thumb.jpg

Edited by madmarc

If it is for bicycle related parts find a widemouth plastic bottle. The large mrs Balls Chutney bottle worx well. Put the part in there, add your degreaser....... clean Green or something similar, shake the bottle and your stuffies is clean. A old water bottle workx well to clean a chain. Shake and rinse afterwards with hot water.. Hang up to dry.

A deep stainless dish and a stiff brush, a paintbrush and an old toothbrush with solvents worx well. Soak the parts overnight is the gunk is hard to remove.

Do not use paraffin, diesel or any other volatiles to clean, some are carcogenic and all are bad for he environment.

If it is for bicycle related parts find a widemouth plastic bottle. The large mrs Balls Chutney bottle worx well. Put the part in there, add your degreaser....... clean Green or something similar, shake the bottle and your stuffies is clean. A old water bottle workx well to clean a chain. Shake and rinse afterwards with hot water.. Hang up to dry.

A deep stainless dish and a stiff brush, a paintbrush and an old toothbrush with solvents worx well. Soak the parts overnight is the gunk is hard to remove.

Do not use paraffin, diesel or any other volatiles to clean, some are carcogenic and all are bad for he environment.

Why not use paraffin, diesel or other solvents???? As long as you discard it responsibly it's the best solution. I take mine to work where we have drums that are collected by oil recovery guys.

Why not use paraffin, diesel or other solvents???? As long as you discard it responsibly it's the best solution. I take mine to work where we have drums that are collected by oil recovery guys.

Not all are responsible, some chuck it down the drain, some takes it to work where it is handled by a company who's credentials are checked regularly to ensure they just dont dump it in the Jukskei.

Edited by Big H*

The perfect size parts washer for your garage, got this one from Boltfast

post-2304-0-34954700-1377797543_thumb.jpg

and when the pump needs replacing get this one from Adendorff

post-2304-0-12093000-1377797858_thumb.jpg

Veeeery nice little toy for the garage!