Dartmoor Revolt Rear Hub - Help Please!

Behan

So here's the deal... I have this Dartmoor Revolt rear hub that I got when I bought a bike here on The Hub, and for the first few rides it worked great. I was loving the sound and feel of it! But then the 'fun' started... After the 3rd ride I felt a strange knock when I pedalled, this then progressed to 3 knocks, when then became three points in the pedal stroke there the cranks almost jam closed. the chain tension also got very tight at these points, then very loose when the crank is past these points.

I have snapped 3 chains in a month now, and it must have something to do with this problem.

So when I was putting on my new chain today, I saw something weird at the freewheel of the hub... It was not in the place where it usually is. The seal was clearly visible where it should be neatly tucked inside the freewheel (see pic attached). So I take the wheel out and jiggle the freewheel and sprocket, but it just would not go back in, and it slid completely out of the hub with ease!

So does anybody maybe know what might be wrong?

All help appreciated

regards

KP

post-17156-0-89678900-1377780191_thumb.jpg

post-17156-0-97170500-1377780193_thumb.jpg

post-17156-0-54587300-1377780196_thumb.jpg

Sorry not the answer to your question. But it might be worth dropping dial'd bikes a line. They sell/stock dartmoor

+1 Dial'd are the official Dartmoor importer and are usually uber-helpful. They sorted out a problem I had with a Nukeproof hub before...

I can't see on the pics very well, but you might try lubricating that seal with methylated spirits to pop it back in properly - it dries after a while, but you have to be quick... the seal must be wet when you push it back in.