Vuyi Jabavu on Cyclists

Just Keep Pedaling

http://www.timeslive.co.za/motoring/2013/08/29/full-pedal-jacket

My responses:

1. I paid R400 for my cycling shoes. CRC discounted them 65% because nobody wanted gold shoes. How much are those Air Jordans Vuyi?

2. A minority - maybe 1%. If the pedestrian gets a fright and you hit them that can be a couple weeks in hospital for you. If the Guvamint actually gave something back to the taxpayer and build some cycle paths separate from the road and pedestrian path (like the rest of the 1st world do) then maybe this would be less of an issue.

3. People with cars: Not one obeys every law when they drive. Stop streets, speeding, 1.5 meters - whatever. Only a minority of cyclists do this. There is a huge difference between cyclist who jumps a red robot without looking and those who jump when it is checked clear. The one is a death wish, the other is equivalent to crossing the road.

4. Pleeeeeeese. Cyclists without helmets are not recreational cyclists. They are generally commuters. I don't think I have ever seen a serious sports cyclist without a helmet. Besides - when hit by a car helmets disintegrate into nothing and you have more chance of avoiding an accident without a helmet according to some.

5. Sure - like people in cars don't pump up the stereo. Anyways - why do you hoot at cyclists?

6. Yay - a funny. So cyclists are feminine because of lycra. Original joke there buddy. How about you come for a ride with us before we decide who is macho and who is slightly feminine?

Please don't give that troll more publicity. Most online opinion related articles are made just to get a reaction. Thread closed.