Indomitable Schurter claims consecutive World Title

Vetseun

What happened to Gwinn in the DH? 5 min behind the best quali time, must have wiped out, reckon he will have a long time in the hot seat, he is off first.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

His only real threat Julian Absalon raced with a few broken ribs from training accidents! that was really brave of him.

I think everyone had Burry in their thoughts, but we have to move on. It's all about nurturing and developing youthful talent to bring them to this level, we have some way to go in Burry's absence.

So did Jose, who gestured to the heavens as he crossed the line.

Getting back to Nino...I think he should have his title taken away from him. I clearly saw him throw down a gel satchet on the course...

Kidding! He rode an awesome race!

HAHA I saw that Tumbles.

Checking out the womens race this morning. The front ladies were lapping the SA girls faster than I get lapped at a fun ride.

Nino is in a technical class of his own. Probably the best tehnical rider ever in the sport.

I reckon the Epic broke Kulhavy's season. My guess is he won't be back next year

Definitely - only Julian can compete with Nino really, too bad about his injuries.

Kulhavy also had other health problems this year that set him back, but even last year he was blowing hot and cold throughout the year, I don't see him getting back to the 2011 dominance.

But there are a few others to watch out for, ie Cink

What happened to Gwinn in the DH? 5 min behind the best quali time, must have wiped out, reckon he will have a long time in the hot seat, he is off first.

He flatted.

Definitely - only Julian can compete with Nino really, too bad about his injuries.

Kulhavy also had other health problems this year that set him back, but even last year he was blowing hot and cold throughout the year, I don't see him getting back to the 2011 dominance.

But there are a few others to watch out for, ie Cink

Spot-on. Nino said in the presser that his intention was to go out fast with the intention of getting a gap over Absalon. When he opened a gap on Jose and Manuel, and he just maintained his pace.

Pity about Absalon, think he was the only one who could make Nino work a bit for his title, to finish in 6th place with 2 broken ribs is absolutely hardcore

Edited by BFScott

Spot-on. Nino said in the presser that his intention was to go out fast with the intention of getting a gap over Absalon. When he opened a gap on Jose and Manuel, and he just maintained his pace.

How consistent were his lap times....

I think first and second lap were identical, third was a few seconds slower.

Amazing

Dunno about easy. With Hermida and Fumic chasing hard, they were always around 10 seconds back. You have to work really hard to maintain that small gap all the time. But he definitely looks faster and makes it look easier than most of the other riders.

Didn't see Buys fall but I believe he had a few crashes. Was right up the at one stage. Maybe pushing too hard.

Checking out the womens race this morning. The front ladies were lapping the SA girls faster than I get lapped at a fun ride.

:-O