So now im confused

nigelhicks

Nige ... I have seen the Devinci DH bikes and they are just "weak in the knees" lovely frames, I could not comment on how they ride though, but they are just so very sexy!

But why do you want a new / faster bike .... who do you want to beat, yourself as the others are slower than you alread?

When the competition falls behind the clock becomes your target :whistling:

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

From what I've heard and read I would skip on the Evil for now. You could be lucky and get a stellar frame, or luck out and end up with a lemon. I'd skip the big brand names and go with the Devinci. Mr DW is involved and we know how successful he's been with churning out killer bikes.

No Morewood on the list?

I was tempted to drop a comment about the 'Wood....

Guest Omega Man

You could come on our 2014 trip and get the Undead that is hanging up in Torico for 2400 Euro. Just saying. :whistling:

Seriously tho.

Trek or Fury for me. Frame only. You've got good parts and you will get spanked if you buy a full bike. The 88 doesn't come as a frame set but the 99 is expensive. Tom could surely hook you up tho.

The GT is really nice IMO.

Edited by Omega Man

I'm not a GT fan per say, but if I were you I'd probably go for the GT... (You could also save & keep all your GT paraphernalia)

I really like the look of the Evil (Undead & Uprising), but the pivot system looks like a PITA to maintain.

That Devinci is really nice, I noticed they were very quiet too (perhaps all the riders were using clutch derailleurs), but it sounds like you'll be waiting a long time for a new bike.

The Trek is a nice option, but will probably be pricey in the end (same as a V10c)

No Morewood on the list?

I know I may get flamed for this, but I think Morewood are losing their shine. They had no presence at the Champs apart from guys who ride the bikes (me being one of them), and when I have contacted them in the past their service has been lackluster.

What about a Yeti SB66? ;)

Edited by Super_mil

Guest Omega Man

What about a Yeti SB66? ;)

Haha. You just had to didn't you?

Soooo how many dolla you win for world champlion (say with Chinese / Japanese accent) :ph34r:

None actually - no cash prizes (unless i missed the memo)..... I think i'll ask Dellah tomorrow!

Does anyone know if the XC guys won Cash????

The other world champ was on a Santa Cruz .. just sayin ..

I reckon you should twist Jason's arm into getting Lappierre to partially / fully sponsor you a bike !

Awesome!!! - I'll chat to Jason again

Have had Omnico send me a mail today about a GT ... will see what they have to offer too

Guest Omega Man

None actually - no cash prizes (unless i missed the memo)..... I think i'll ask Dellah tomorrow!

Does anyone know if the XC guys won Cash????

Doubt it. Do the national federations pay or do the riders/teams foot their own bills?

Those red accents would look pretty sharp on a 2014 GT Fury dude. got to say.

As for the Build ...

I will keep my Fork as SRAM hooked me up PROPERLY at Worlds ....

I now have full 2014 internals in my forks (although the paint job is still 2011 ... thats easily rectified)

Then they gave me a full X0 DH groupset (excluding cranks)

So just a frame and shock will be perfect

Guest Omega Man

As for the Build ...

I now have full 2014 internals in my forks (although the paint job is still 2011 ... thats easily rectified)

Nice. Well deserved.

As for the Build ...

WIN!

Oh, wait - you did that already! :w00t:

wont go for a morewood, or mongoose or giant.

The deal has been made - and its not something i have looked at before - .... Good deal!! and SICK bike

So i'll keep you all in suspense! Cus i have to wait a bit for the 2014 shipment

wont go for a morewood, or mongoose or giant.

The deal has been made - and its not something i have looked at before - .... Good deal!! and SICK bike

So i'll keep you all in suspense! Cus i have to wait a bit for the 2014 shipment

Dam you....... :whistling: