Bicycling 24HR & 6HR - 7th and 8th December

LensMan

Jeesh Carpet!! hope you heal up soon.. that looks so painful!! I had a blast.... only did 1 night ride then opted for the comfort of a hot shower and bed (but not before I did a Wimpy run for some food and choc milk). Got my 10 laps in so happy. The guys out on the trail were awesome... thanks! Awesome event 9bar the really poor catering again... eish.. will be back next year for sure!

Well done to all the winners.... especially the solo peeps... WOW!!

Next stop - Rosemary Hill 24hour.....!!

Rosemary Hill have 24h food and free coffee on tap......and showers where the shower curtain does not attack you from the rear :blush: .

Track is an easy one, so less chances of tree hugging and leopard crawling at night.

Tried to determine the date for Rosemary Hill but no luck. Anyone have an idea of when it will take place??

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dips, you can't blame Eric, he doesn't organise the 24hr.

That rests squarely on Dimtri's shoulders and also why we didn't enter this year. Saddens me to see that despite all the criticism last year, they had similar problems this year.

i know eric well, last year he was dropped by the organizers, 100% agreed,,,in all honesty have you seen his kitchen, if you had a huge "JOL" at your house and the "caterers" dont pitch, are you going to let YOU GUESTS run around your house for 24 hours hungry, orrrr are you going to open your kitchen and at least try make a plan ???

i mean he has everything available to feed the people, AND make money, and not go down as a lekke race but piss poor organizing,

even last year he should have stepped up 1 hour after he saw they not there, do you know how many people left cause the did not bring food,COUNTING ON THE restaurant being open to cater for families,

i know eric well, last year he was dropped by the organizers, 100% agreed,,,in all honesty have you seen his kitchen, if you had a huge "JOL" at your house and the "caterers" dont pitch, are you going to let YOU GUESTS run around your house for 24 hours hungry, orrrr are you going to open your kitchen and at least try make a plan ???

i mean he has everything available to feed the people, AND make money, and not go down as a lekke race but piss poor organizing,

even last year he should have stepped up 1 hour after he saw they not there, do you know how many people left cause the did not bring food,COUNTING ON THE restaurant being open to cater for families,

Erik was not the organiser, he only provided the venue and sorted out the track. This was my first 24hr event and reading the reviews from last year, decided to pre-cook at home and bring the food along. Also sad that the actual organisers (not Erik) "forgot" to recognise the winners of the two person mixed team at prize giving.

Well done to all the winners.... especially the solo peeps... WOW!!

Next stop - Rosemary Hill 24hour.....!!

The race got very interesting in the solo category, but I'm glad Josh took it. The Paige project and event deserved a winner like him.

When is the Rosemary hill 24hr?

For the record, Eric is offered every year to run the restaurant during the 24 hour and ever year he turns it down because he can't staff it for the entire duration. Also, if you followed the updates and Facebook page, you will know that pizza was never on offer. Once again, we welcome volunteers every year to come on board and see what it takes to run this event.

Erik was not the organiser, he only provided the venue and sorted out the track. This was my first 24hr event and reading the reviews from last year, decided to pre-cook at home and bring the food along. Also sad that the actual organisers (not Erik) "forgot" to recognise the winners of the two person mixed team at prize giving.

We apologise for not announcing the the winners of this category at first. The organisers were awake for over 24 hours and these things unfortunately can happen.

Dips, you can't blame Eric, he doesn't organise the 24hr.

That rests squarely on Dimtri's shoulders and also why we didn't enter this year. Saddens me to see that despite all the criticism last year, they had similar problems this year.

With all due respect, the problems with food were not similar to last year. Yes last year was a disaster when the food vendor dropped us 2 hours before the event. I don't understand why some people don't get this!

This year hot food and refreshments was available right into the night. Prego rolls, wraps, bacon and egg rolls etc...were selling so fast that the vendor had to make several runs to fetch supplies. All the profit from this went to The Paige Project which was a ton of money.

We apologise for not announcing the the winners of this category at first. The organisers were awake for over 24 hours and these things unfortunately can happen.

Fair enough. Apart from the minor mishaps, I failed to state that we had a fantastic time and will be back next time. Big ups to Erik for preparing a very fun and balanced route which was in no way boring and kept us awake.

So basically it was best that I missed this one after last years.

no so lekker food - again it seems

*** yapper on a microphone - the same one from last year

Let down by caterers once again

Its gonna be a heck of a lot of hard work to get the numbers up again at this event.

In all fairness the route is awesome, cannot fault it one bit.

Edited by ChUkKy

A word of warning to the organisers - unless you sort things out, YOUR EVENT IS GOING TO DIE!!!

What has always set the 24HR apart from other MTB events is that it is a party. For a party you need food, drink, music and good vibes. A good course is nice to have, not a prerequisite. Quite honestly, if you did laps around a parking lot with all the amenities you would have repeat customers.

I have missed your 24hr for the first time since 2008, and I will not be back until I hear that things have improved. The excuses and feedback on this forum are exactly the same as last year.

Saying 'if you can do better, go for it' is not acceptable. If you are not going to do it properly, then the majority of peopIe - no matter how loyal - are not going to support your event. And that will be a sad thing...

For the record, Eric is offered every year to run the restaurant during the 24 hour and ever year he turns it down because he can't staff it for the entire duration. Also, if you followed the updates and Facebook page, you will know that pizza was never on offer. Once again, we welcome volunteers every year to come on board and see what it takes to run this event.

With all due respect, the problems with food were not similar to last year. Yes last year was a disaster when the food vendor dropped us 2 hours before the event. I don't understand why some people don't get this!

This year hot food and refreshments was available right into the night. Prego rolls, wraps, bacon and egg rolls etc...were selling so fast that the vendor had to make several runs to fetch supplies. All the profit from this went to The Paige Project which was a ton of money.

were you part of the organizers???all still points to poor organisation if i were to HOST SUCH AN EVENT, I WOULD HOLD MYSELF TO BLAME FOR IT NOT RUNNING SMOOTHLY and since last year was such a stuff up food wise i would have made certain there was no surprises,,,,you want to tell me in this day and age you cant get 3 shifts running for food(making money) not for free????

accountability there has to be some from erics side, you cant just say ill give you the venue and whipe your hands on things like that,

I don't understand why some people don't get this( SERIOUSLY?????????????)

IF YOU ARE PART OF RUNNING EVENTS AND YOU DONT SEE THIS AS A PROBLEM,,,,,THEN EVERYTHING ELSE MAKES PERFECT SENSE

I don't understand why some people don't get this( SERIOUSLY?????????????)

IF YOU ARE PART OF RUNNING EVENTS AND YOU DONT SEE THIS AS A PROBLEM,,,,,THEN EVERYTHING ELSE MAKES PERFECT SENSE

What I am saying is that last year, 2 hours before the event, the vendor said he would not make it. How are we supposed to handle that? We did get someone there but he was inadequately prepared, hence the disaster. And we did take accountability for that and apologised.

So basically it was best that I missed this one after last years. STILL THINK ITS A LEKKE EVENT

no so lekker food - again it seems

*** yapper on a microphone - the same one from last year MANY COMPLAINTS LAST YEAR ABOUT THIS FOUL LOUD ARROGANT MC

Let down by caterers once again CORRECT

Its gonna be a heck of a lot of hard work to get the numbers up again at this event. DOUBT IT LIKE I SAID STILL GREAT EVENT JUST NEEDS BETTER ORGANIZING

In all fairness the route is awesome, cannot fault it one bit. 100%