Bicycling 24HR & 6HR - 7th and 8th December

LensMan

Missed it this year, went to the golf at Sun City - had a blast.

Seems like it was a replay of last year and I'm surprised with the other 24 hour event cancelled that there was not more entrants.

Oh well - golf is the new mountain biking. No wait......something like that :blush:

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

were you part of the organizers???all still points to poor organisation if i were to HOST SUCH AN EVENT, I WOULD HOLD MYSELF TO BLAME FOR IT NOT RUNNING SMOOTHLY and since last year was such a stuff up food wise i would have made certain there was no surprises,,,,you want to tell me in this day and age you cant get 3 shifts running for food(making money) not for free????

accountability there has to be some from erics side, you cant just say ill give you the venue and whipe your hands on things like that,

No I am not one of the organiser but was a participant. I was not defending the organisers but I was defending Erik who should not be part of this argument.

What I am saying is that last year, 2 hours before the event, the vendor said he would not make it. How are we supposed to handle that? We did get someone there but he was inadequately prepared, hence the disaster. And we did take accountability for that and apologised.

SO THE EVENT STARTS AT 12;00 AT 10;00 YOU KNOW THERE IS NO VENDOR so on a saturday at 10;00 you know how many people are going to be there wanting/needing food and you cant organize a back up???????????? PLEASE DRIVE INTO TOWN BUY 500KG BACON ROLLs ,BOERRIE, WHAT EVER thats a really poor excuse

anyone who is half organized can slap a stand together, use the kitchen there were many solutions for someone who was prepared to make a effort,,,if you not up to getting things like that done you should look into a less "stressful" line

No I am not one of the organiser but was a participant. I was not defending the organisers but I was defending Erik who should not be part of this argument.

HOW PARTY AT YOUR HOUSE,,,,,DJ DOES NOT PITCH, OR FOOD.............ITS NOT YOUR FAULT BUT DO YOU LET IT SLIDE OR MAKE A PLAN???????

as i said eric legend track builder, great guy, but there has to accountability if you throw a 24 hour "party"

SO THE EVENT STARTS AT 12;00 AT 10;00 YOU KNOW THERE IS NO VENDOR so on a saturday at 10;00 you know how many people are going to be there wanting/needing food and you cant organize a back up???????????? PLEASE DRIVE INTO TOWN BUY 500KG BACON ROLLs ,BOERRIE, WHAT EVER thats a really poor excuse

anyone who is half organized can slap a stand together, use the kitchen there were many solutions for someone who was prepared to make a effort,,,if you not up to getting things like that done you should look into a less "stressful" line

Once again, for last year, you're right, the food was a disaster. However, with all due respect, It's not as easy as you make it out to be. We all have tasks to perform on the day and to drop everything to run and put up a "stand" would jeopardise the actual race. Like I said, we tried, we got someone there with a stand in less than 2 hours and still, it was terrible. Each 24 hour we run comes with it's own challenges. I always offer anybody who is interested to volunteer with the Paige Project and you will see what goes on behind the scenes.

Thanks for the feedback.

Once again, for last year, you're right, the food was a disaster. However, with all due respect, It's not as easy as you make it out to be. We all have tasks to perform on the day and to drop everything to run and put up a "stand" would jeopardise the actual race. Like I said, we tried, we got someone there with a stand in less than 2 hours and still, it was terrible. Each 24 hour we run comes with it's own challenges. I always offer anybody who is interested to volunteer with the Paige Project and you will see what goes on behind the scenes.

Thanks for the feedback.

Please do something about that MC, he has to go

Bellend

The race got very interesting in the solo category, but I'm glad Josh took it. The Paige project and event deserved a winner like him.

When is the Rosemary hill 24hr?

The Rosemary Hill event was in Feb if I remember correctly.... need to see if this is on the calender for next year... it was a FAB event.. and the catering ROCKED!!

Thanks for the feedback.

Round table?

Wasnt there but I hear you dips...his reputation was on the line.

So Erik gets blamed for not stepping in and supplying a food service at the last minute when the race organiser cocks it up again?? :eek:

I would imagine that you'll all be looking for a new venue for next years 24hr.

So Erik gets blamed for not stepping in and supplying a food service at the last minute when the race organiser cocks it up again?? :eek:

I would imagine that you'll all be looking for a new venue for next years 24hr.

Not so much blame or tar and feathered....as disappointing. He had the means and infrastructure to provide and although not his responsibility he could have maybe prevented this, heck maybe even made a profit. Being proactive would have gone a long way.

I don't think the guys expected michelin star food...boerie rolls, hamburgers and bacon and egg rolls in the AM.

So everybody assumes that because Eric has a kitchen etc, he should have stepped into the breach and when he doesn't he gets lambasted (pardon the pun).

Did Dimitri approach Erik to help out?

Was Erik made aware of the food issues?

Has anyone asked Erik his side of the story?

Edited by Thug

So everybody assumes that because Eric has a kitchen etc, he should have stepped into the breach and when he doesn't he gets lambasted (pardon the pun).

What are you on about ?

This year or last year ?

This year PizzaEvino were way late at getting breakfast going, even though they signed themselves i to being there for the duration of the event.

As for the VG restaurant, I ate there once with the family as we passed by there, I will say never again, the service was shocking and it took them forever to bring our meal.

Will I support the shop, yes of course, the nougat is great and this 1 liter Wiessbeer's are also awesome.

No expectation but it would have saved the event this negative feedback and his venue alot of face. He strikes me a "boer maak n plan" kinda guy....When life gives you lemons make lemonade...Rather see it as a opportunity.