Iwan Kemp

I am the proud new owner of a Momsen Vipa. Started building it last night, but hit a snag or two so will only be completed around lunch today. For now build kit looks like this:

Size:...........Large

Fork:..........RockShox SID XX 100mm, 15mm TA

Shock:.......Fox CTD (Stock)

Wheelset:..American Classic Tubeless

Handlebar: Race Face SixC 725mm

Stem:.........Sunline 50mm

Brakes:......Avid Elixer

Grips:........ODI

Groupset...SRAM X0 2x10

Seatpost:...Truvativ Noir

Saddle:.....Selle Italia SLR

Tires:........Schwalbe Rocket Ron / Racing Ralph TLR

Pedals:......XT Trail

Weight:.....?

Build is a bit of a morph between carry over and what I had in the parts bin. Planned changes

1. Not so sure about the white fork. Will wait and see what it looks like when all is done. Might even go 120mm after this. Will add some playfulness to what will be a XC rocket.

2. Once I do fitment the 50mm stem will go. Will replace with correct length Momsen

3. Again, fitment might see the SixC bar go. To be (most likely) replaced by Momsen Up/Down bar

Was nice to see frame comes frame protection and how to guide of what goes where. Not the usual stock stuff either. Sized and pre-cut already. Nice touch.

Graphics have been changed slightly from pre-production "Epic" model. Looks even better now. TT graphics are more subtle with only Patrick Morewood's signature on there. Rest of the bike is a study in attention to detail.

Thanks again to my LBS Cycle Factory who's building the bike with the love and care it deserves! Frame was delivered at the shop yesterday and they're doing their best to get it ride-rady in time for me to take it on leave with me this afternoon. Big up to them.

My (close to) favourite little detail on the frame? Internal routing for a Stealth Dropper! Yes, I will be the guy on the XC start line with flat pedals and a dropper post on my 29er race bike!

970419_724701644222069_907683287_n.jpg

THREAD INDEX (of sorts)

Page 2, Post 29 First Thoughts

Page 3, Post 47:OE Shock Chat

Page 5, Post 79: Kit notes

Page 7, Post 97: After a month in the saddle

Page 7, Post 99: Frame Details

Page 7, Post 103: Suspension Design

Page 8, post 116: 51mm Offset Fork

Page 17: Downer Stem and Up / Down Handlebar

PIcs: all over the place!

Guest Contributor NAMIB@RP

Ride Review: Page 5, post 66 & 72

Thoughts on the Vipa compared to his Scott: Page 5, post 76

Page 16: Marius Nasilowski - Showing his VIPA with spec details

Page 16: marko35s - Demo Ride Feedback

Page 17: Percyzn - Demo ride feedback

Edited by Iwan Kemp

• Replies 526
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks even better now. TT graphics are more subtle with only Patrick Morewood's signature on there.

aahh,,,,,,,nice

I am the proud new owner of a Momsen Vipa. Started building it last night, but hit a snag or two so will only be completed around lunch today. For now build kit looks like this:

Size:...........Large

Fork:..........RockShox SID XX 100mm, 15mm TA

Shock:.......Fox CTD (Stock)

Wheelset:..American Classic Tubeless

Handlebar: Race Face SixC 725mm

Stem:.........Sunline 50mm

Brakes:......Avid Elixer

Grips:........ODI

Groupset...SRAM X0 2x10

Seatpost:...Truvativ Noir

Saddle:.....Selle Italia SLR

Tires:........Schwalbe Rocket Ron / Racing Ralph TLR

Pedals:......XT Trail

Weight:.....?

Build is a bit of a morph between carry over and what I had in the parts bin. Planned changes

1. Not so sure about the white fork. Will wait and see what it looks like when all is done. Might even go 120mm after this. Will add some playfulness to what will be a XC rocket.

2. Once I do fitment the 50mm stem will go. Will replace with correct length Momsen

3. Again, fitment might see the SixC bar go. To be (most likely) replaced by Momsen Up/Down bar

Was nice to see frame comes frame protection and how to guide of what goes where. Not the usual stock stuff either. Sized and pre-cut already. Nice touch.

Graphics have been changed slightly from pre-production "Epic" model. Looks even better now. TT graphics are more subtle with only Patrick Morewood's signature on there. Rest of the bike is a study in attention to detail.

Thanks again to my LBS Cycle Factory who's building the bike with the love and care it deserves! Frame was delivered at the shop yesterday and they're doing their best to get it ride-rady in time for me to take it on leave with me this afternoon. Big up to them.

My (close to) favourite little detail on the frame? Internal routing for a Stealth Dropper! Yes, I will be the guy on the XC start line with flat pedals and a dropper post on my 29er race bike!

970419_724701644222069_907683287_n.jpg

Mooi man :thumbup: :clap: .Ek kry myne more oggend. :w00t: Myne kom van Windhoek, Mannie's Bike Mecca.

Mooi man :thumbup: :clap: .Ek kry myne more oggend. :w00t: Myne kom van Windhoek, Mannie's Bike Mecca.

You guys make us envious, welcome to the Hub

CYCLE FACTORY YOU GUYS ARE LEGENDS!! :thumbup: