igknot

• Replies 547
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

•  
    10:05:50 CEST

Although the skies are slate grey over Tuscany and rain is falling steadily, the temperatures are a relatively pleasant 18 degrees.

Oh no!! She looked really strong throughout, but then could not stay with Vos when it counted. I was so hoping for a medal for her.

She said on her twitter that she picked up a bug and battled to keep liquids down

I thought she did particularly well to stay hidden in the bunch for so long but as mentioned without a team mate to chase down attacks she would not have stood much of a chance once the Italians put the foot down and Vos and team mate went for it.Great effort though.Really proud

22nd at worlds is not too shabby

I fear we will be outgunned in the mens today.They will have to lurk in the bunch as well.A break might do it tho

10:50:43 CEST

The British-led bunch winds its way through Collodi, which is the home of Carlo Collodi (penname of Carlo Lorenzini), the man who wrote Pinocchio. And to hammer home the point, a giant Pinocchio towers over the Worlds bunch as it zips through to

I wondered why bhe had fauiled to impress this year.

I hope nothing is amiss - would be a shame.

Weird seeing Cav in Sky kit.

Cav looks like chubby pug on his undersized venga, wonder if he is enjoying the experience of riding in front doing the pulling...LOL sorry had to have a dig at the ou.

Strange he is not wearing anything to keep warm

I see the castelli "Gabba" jerseys came out. Must be getting chilly. And probably Wiggo's podium dreams in tatters on those wet descends :ph34r: :whistling:

13:17:56 CEST

Italy continue to force the pace on the front of the peloton, which is strung out in a long line. Meanwhile, word reaches us that Chris Horner (USA) and Daryl Impey (South Africa) were involved in a crash.

13:28:53 CEST

Meanwhile, Nicolas Roche is already three minutes down on the peloton, and Bradley Wiggins and Mark Cavendish are seven minutes down. Their afternoons surely won't last much longer.

Where is froome I can't see him

•  
    14:47:58 CEST

Froome has abandoned the world championships. After controlling the race for the first 100 kilometres, Britain has no rider in the main peloton of 75 riders with almost 100 kilometres of the Worlds still to go.