Die Burger Road Race

Mylolylo

This will be the first time I'm doing the race, I hardly feel ready but what the hell hey. :devil:

Where would be the best place to park for this one. I'm only starting at 6:30, but obviously need to get there much earlier and don't want to be wondering around for parking.

• Replies 562
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This will be the first time I'm doing the race, I hardly feel ready but what the hell hey. :devil:

Where would be the best place to park for this one. I'm only starting at 6:30, but obviously need to get there much earlier and don't want to be wondering around for parking.

Don't stress on being ready - take it easy up Hels and ride yourself into it. Once over the top, just enjoy it, not a tough ride except if the wind really blows, and plenty of great scenery to enjoy if you are struggling and decide to take it easy

Never had an issue parking - there is a car park at the school, and usually street parking around and about too.

So when do we all start guessing what we will get in our race pack?? LOL...

Hoping they put a pack of Motivation in there - mine seems to be running low of late ;)

Edited by walkerr

There will be lots of wind in the Wellington/Paarl area. They normally reel most in that get away up helz. In my opinion the race starts at the 4 way as you leave Wellington towards Stellies. Lots of rollers and some nice wind

You're coming out to roll, Jaco'?

What is the past time for A group?

First time doing this race, am starting in % but suspect I may get dropped up hels!

Are we still doing the old Hels? Heard it got badly washed away?

What is the past time for A group?

First time doing this race, am starting in % but suspect I may get dropped up hels!

Are we still doing the old Hels? Heard it got badly washed away?

2012 in virtually perfect conditions.

% winners rolled in at 2:18ish

A winners rolled in at 2:25ish

This will be my first Burger, after surviving the Engen! Any hints ito planning my ride ( when to punch, when to recover etc)?

Edited by Maniax

I don't think the change should warrant a change of cassette from last year. A 23-11 will be fine :P

I have that on now, i almost died going up kloof neck this weekend. I need a compact crank :blush:

You're coming out to roll, Jaco'?

I am planning too but I have a wedding to attend sat evening. Starting time for race is 5h57 and I want to be there at least 5am. That means leaving from Wellington 4h15 and getting up 3h30. I will have to make the call to ride or not sat evening midnight

You ready Dale?

Edited by Jaco-fiets

You can stick with me. We're a whole group of Burger virgins...

I am planning too but I have a wedding to attend sat evening. Starting time for race is 5h57 and I want to be there at least 5am. That means leaving from Wellington 4h15 and getting up 3h30. I will have to make the call to ride or not sat evening midnight

You ready Dale?

I am in the same boat got a 40th the night before got to drive from Ceres, start time 5h50.

so i managed to secure my entry and will do sustitution tomorrow at River Club :clap: Got it via a fellow hubber who can No longer participate :thumbdown:

So here's my qu, the way we are seeded on the PPA seedings, will that be our starting group for this race?? i only ask because i am seeded in C group and have hardly done any winter training rides due to breaking my leg in March!! i have only done 1 long'ish ride of 108kms around the coast which included boyes, smits, chappies, suikerbossie, The Glen, Sinal Hill, through to Table View, back to Town and then home to Southern Suburbs and averaged 31km/h...

so im asking the more experienced riders, how will i cope if i should start in C?? or should i start later on, like maybe in G/H??

All advice is much appreciated..

so i managed to secure my entry and will do sustitution tomorrow at River Club :clap: Got it via a fellow hubber who can No longer participate :thumbdown:

So here's my qu, the way we are seeded on the PPA seedings, will that be our starting group for this race?? i only ask because i am seeded in C group and have hardly done any winter training rides due to breaking my leg in March!! i have only done 1 long'ish ride of 108kms around the coast which included boyes, smits, chappies, suikerbossie, The Glen, Sinal Hill, through to Table View, back to Town and then home to Southern Suburbs and averaged 31km/h...

so im asking the more experienced riders, how will i cope if i should start in C?? or should i start later on, like maybe in G/H??

All advice is much appreciated..

I think you might cope in C, or what you could do is start in C if you get dropped on Hels hook up with the next group.