Die Burger Road Race

Mylolylo

That was the complete Helz for me. Last Saturday, in cruise mode, did this 4 km section in 13:13

cool...I see on my polar the preceding 2.5km is also at an gradient of 2.6%...but you fly up that stretch :thumbup:

• Replies 562
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No, not there, after that... you cross the N1, short little climb (up to the entrance to Hawekwa) after that. Then in past we went down past Nederburg (past another prison) and turned right there instead of going straight down to the biiig intersection with the Wellington road.

Now, at the top of that short little climb to Hawekwa entrance, you get the Swaelstert pad splitting off on your right. That section leading to the Wellington road is entirely new for this year - and I haven't been around there in many many moons. Sounds like it's been tarred now (otherwise we'd obviously not go there!)

Unless I'm completely off my meds... :ph34r:

Ah, ok. Know what road you are talking about. It turns out right just after the little climb past Ebenhaezer.

We did not take it, we followed the old route (and came to exactly 89.5km )

Maybe Tiny K and / or 'Dale can help you there, they train on it regularly.

cool...I see on my polar the preceding 2.5km is also at an gradient of 2.6%...but you fly up that stretch :thumbup:

Some interesting stats from my race last year.

Start to top of Hels, 7.1 km, 245 m elevation = 22.44 min

Old Helshoogte, 6.0 km, 251m elevation = 18.51 min.

Old Hels Road, 3.4km, 155m elevation = 11.36 min

Gonna be interesting to see what this year holds.

See I got to the top of Hells (7.191km) from the start in 20min40s...elevation 241m...

Nie te sleg vir 'n "dikgat" nie :whistling:

I say again what I said 15 pages ago...

"Ride it like it's stolen over Helshoogte. Tuck in a fast group through P(n)iel and recover. Drop them in Paarl for a faster group, and stay with them till you get on the R44. In the last 10km leave them behind as well and smile for the camera!"

Everybody enjoy the ride on Sunday! It is going to be EPIC!

I'll be waiting for you guys to finish...at Muggs :thumbup:

What group you starting in Reg?

Feel like pulling me up the climb?

Some interesting stats from my race last year.

Start to top of Hels, 7.1 km, 245 m elevation = 22.44 min

Old Helshoogte, 6.0 km, 251m elevation = 18.51 min.

Old Hels Road, 3.4km, 155m elevation = 11.36 min

Showoff! :ph34r:

I say again what I said 15 pages ago...

"Ride it like it's stolen over Helshoogte. Tuck in a fast group through P(n)iel and recover. Drop them in Paarl for a faster group, and stay with them till you get on the R44. In the last 10km leave them behind as well and smile for the camera!"

Everybody enjoy the ride on Sunday! It is going to be EPIC!

Get out of my head already, that's my EXACT race strategy for Sunday! :whistling:

OK. So everyone who wants a fast time. I'll be pulling f group. If we have a few riders joining it will make it faster. I'll be in black and green hotchillee kit.

Do we want to meet up somewhere before hand to organize further?