PTA cyclist shot at

VeloErv

Well there goes that part of my training ride, need to get the message out that this is a dangerous route.

Please do the same guys, we do not need any of our fellow cyclists to fall victim to these savages

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If I'm correct there is a squatter camp close to that area. The Residents in the area have been trying a while to get them removed.

I'm nots sure if this area falls in his portfolio but contact Francois if not he might point you to the correct person.

He were involved in removing some squaters along Hans Strydom.

Also try and get hold of the local community policing forum.

Francios Bekker

coisbek<at>yahoo.com

I got his number as well but not sure if I should post it here.

Edited by IanC

as far as i know the council has been ordered by the courts to remove (rehome) them but have not done anything yet

If I'm correct there is a squatter camp close to that area. The Residents in the area have been trying a while to get them removed.

I'm nots sure if this area falls in his portfolio but contact Francois if not he might point you to the correct person.

He were involved in removing some squaters along Hans Strydom.

Also try and get hold of the local community policing forum.

Francios Bekker

coisbek at yahoo.com

I got his number as well but not sure if I should post it here.

Best remove that email address, lest it get spammed by spambots.

Yes, it's called Plastic View. They're trying to get them evicted now, but it's up to the NG High Court. Last year the land was legally earmarked for development for low-cost housing.

"some squatters" is different from this. It's massive now. 1000 households now occupy the camp.

Possibly on a related note, was told last night by someone that he saw a beggar wearing a cycling pant at the C/O Lois and Garsfontein roads. Couldn't find him last night or this morning, but keep a lookout.

Possibly on a related note, was told last night by someone that he saw a beggar wearing a cycling pant at the C/O Lois and Garsfontein roads. Couldn't find him last night or this morning, but keep a lookout.

I drive past there daily, can't say that I've ever spotted it. Not that I was looking though...

Depends if a cyclist or motorist in the area is packing a 9mm and shoots the hijackers the next time they try something.

Problem is that you shouldn't assume that you'll be safe just because you have a weapon on you. Although the odds are in your favour, what happens if the gun jams when you try and fire it? You're completely fooked!

Problem is that you shouldn't assume that you'll be safe just because you have a weapon on you. Although the odds are in your favour, what happens if the gun jams when you try and fire it? You're completely fooked!

True.

Although if your gun jams you're doing it wrong :D

You fooked either way ..I'll just klap him with the 9mm .....on another note riding with your firearm ..I'll be concerned about the sweat ....maybe local bibs manufacturers can sew into the bibs holsters for different guns ... :)

You fooked either way ..I'll just klap him with the 9mm .....on another note riding with your firearm ..I'll be concerned about the sweat ....maybe local bibs manufacturers can sew into the bibs holsters for different guns ... :)

One of our club members rides with a pistol so it's not unheard of. Some years ago the club got hijacked up by Hammanskraal-about I think.

Worse is if they fire the first shot and hit you and take your firearm away from you. Then they have two weapons to rob/kill people with. That's my biggest fear of riding with a weapon. It's happened to me before and its bugged me a lot. Luckely it wasnt a firearm they took from me.

This is shocking....What to do? Do you guys think the skelms use strava to check our training routes and use that to choose locations for bike jacking?was wondering about this one?maybe I totally wrong?

This is shocking....What to do? Do you guys think the skelms use strava to check our training routes and use that to choose locations for bike jacking?was wondering about this one?maybe I totally wrong?

There's always been a lot of loiterers in the bushes and in that area, so they can see us riding there without having to go look for us.