PTA cyclist shot at

VeloErv

Its a matter of time before this spreads along the route to Grootfontein / Tygervallei, Zwavelpoort and inevitably Boschkop as well.

Really sad

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Hollow Man

Time to start riding with the 9mm again.

I have to agree with this concept. You must protect yourself because nobody else is going to do it in most cases. People stood idly by 15m away when an affirmative shopper tried to relieve me of my bike. Unless you're in a group of proper okes, nobody is going to come rushing to your aid. If bikejacker/thief goes looking for trouble, takes a shot at some innocent oke on his bike, then gets killed instead when the victim shoots back, then so be it. If you go looking for trouble, don't cry when you find it and it bites you in the a**.

Its a matter of time before this spreads along the route to Grootfontein / Tygervallei, Zwavelpoort and inevitably Boschkop as well.

Really sad

It better not.... this is seriously sad state of affairs...

How do we as women go out and train? And even with a guy it looks like that is no guarantee either. I pray it does not spread to surrounding areas of Boschkop/Mooiplaats/zwawelpoort and the tracks.....

This is really scary. FRIKKING hell.

hope this was reported but to the right guy. go to the police and report to the cluster commander! my dad big in the police and said that guy does not take k@k. he is going to investigate this as well because i said thats where my buddies train. he is quit p!ss$d

Aint this also close to the Red barn ride arranged by Yolande Speedy on thursday nights.

Scary that you can't even ride in groups, safely, never mind go get some time on bike/alone/clear the head in safety.

G

The only way that bike jacking is going to slow down is if some bike jackers gets shot to hell and gone. Then, in a few weeks, months, years, they will just escalate.

Thats the ride side of the boere wors border, should be allot of guys there with the knowledge/skills/means to go crawling in grass and clear area of walking problems, with little or no trace left behind.

G

Maybe it's time for some individuals with the means and training to take the law in their own hands? What else are we to do.?

Worst part is if a cyclist retaliates and shoots one of these bliksems maybe they will learn not to even ask for the bike and just shoot first! im so grateful i'm in the middle of nowhere without this *** for now.

Feel for you guys in this area...

hope this was reported but to the right guy. go to the police and report to the cluster commander! my dad big in the police and said that guy does not take k@k. he is going to investigate this as well because i said thats where my buddies train. he is quit p!ss$d

The cluster commander is being replaced now.

Aint this also close to the Red barn ride arranged by Yolande Speedy on thursday nights.

Scary that you can't even ride in groups, safely, never mind go get some time on bike/alone/clear the head in safety.

G

No, it's quite a distance from Irene.

Edited by Bianchi

Nope, that is at least 15-20km away.

Whats the logic/reasoning for this, by the sounds of things it sounds as if the cluster commander is a go getting, someone that tries to make a difference, or is he making the others look bad by his work ethics/attitude.

The cluster commander is being replaced now.

No, it's quite a distance from Irene.

Edited by awesme

Whats the logic/reasoning for this, by the sounds of things it sounds as if the cluster commander is a go getting, someone that tries to make a difference, or is he making the others look bad by his work ethics/attitude.

No idea. Station commander retired now, cluster commander is getting transferred, the CPF commander is possibly getting moved, and now we're getting a new provincial commissioner (Petros retiring, and the replacement being fired), so we don't know what's going on really.

If I didnt have to take my daughter to creche everyday, I would love to cycle to work. My entire life I have been told I cant ride my bike or get a scooter cause it is too dangerous. I have now gotten to a point in my life where I dont care anymore. I just need some fesh air and sense of freedom for once in my frikkin life. I dont fear death anymore..I do fear rape though.. :(...