John-Lee Augustyn joins Team MTN-Qhubeka

Claudio

John-Lee Augustyn will return to professional cycling next year with Team MTN-Qhubeka p/b Samsung. The South African returns to the sport after spending time off the bike to recover from a hip injury he sustained while racing as a professional.

Click here to view the article

• I know John-Lee and he had told me a couple of months back that he had had complications after his op and would probably never do multi day races again- the pain gets too severe.

I really hope he is now over the worst and it all works out for him.It is possible that he only does the "shorter" races.

I hope he does the Epic also, there is a big hole in SA MTBiking after Burry, but I understand that the Tour is much bigger and it will be great to see him in the Tour again. It really looked like he was not going to come back but here he is now out riding the Cape Pioneer Trek.

Edited by Mr X

crazy to think how much experience this 26 year old has who basically hasn't been racing for 3 years......he will fit in so well in the MTN camp I reckon, with his new Italy being his home and roots in SA.

Linus Gerderman? Was he on MTN for 2013? Nice for the team to have a former TDF yellow jersey wearer. Wishing the team a brilliant 2014 season, and I am sure we will see JLA back at the top (mountains and podiums) very very soon.

Fantastic news indeed! I was just thinking that MTN-Quebeka deserve a sticky thread for such news.