2014 Tour De France

ScottCM

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There are 7 Grand Tour winners at the start: Froome, Contador, Nibali, Horner, Valverde, Schleck and the one everyone forgot: Scarponi

Scarponi is riding.? He had an aweful Giro, I thought his old butt was toast. Maybe it was more of a training ride then?

Well, I have renewed vigour........I am looking forward to see him pace Nibs up some mountain stages, I still say as a younger man he was one of the best climbers in the peleton, sadly he never really got the credit he deserved.

Fantasy League Created:

http://cycling.udt.c...ted/MyLeagues.j

League name: The Hub SA

League code: 18986341132101

@Joecools, I’ve started an online hub league through Ultimate Dream Teams - details below.

What's good about this one is that you get to make 15 transfers during the tour.

Here are the details:

Ultimate Dream Teams is finally online with the 2014 TDF Fantasy League .

http://www.ultimated...asy-league.html

A mini league has been set up for hubbers:

League name: TheHubSA

League code: 18929198107995

Tombeej did you create a second Hub Fantasy league? If so how can we merge them as we have 10 players on the one i created? dont want to split the hub here. lets amalgamate.

Tombeej did you create a second Hub Fantasy league? If so how can we merge them as we have 10 players on the one i created? dont want to split the hub here. lets amalgamate.

i joined both

Oh hell.

Didn't see that one - was it on another thread?

I've got 12 people in my version.

I guess we can all just enter both - very easy to join another league. I've now joined Scott's one as well.

appetizer

http://d4nuk0dd6nrma.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/KittelCavendish1.jpg

I would be very interested to know from the propeller heads how many Watts Cavendish saves over Rocky due to his body position. Would be interesting to know how many more Watts Kittel pushes out, and how low Cav needs to be to counteract (assuming he can't produce the power that Kittel does).

Oh and I've tried to do telephone pole sprints on my own with my chin on my Garmin. Frikkin impossible. I have no idea how Cav can push out max power like that.

Is André Greipel also doing the TDF? That would make it even more interesting.

EDIT: Stage 1 my money is on Marcel

Edited by ScottC-M

I would be very interested to know from the propeller heads how many Watts Cavendish saves over Rocky due to his body position. Would be interesting to know how many more Watts Kittel pushes out, and how low Cav needs to be to counteract (assuming he can't produce the power that Kittel does).

Oh and I've tried to do telephone pole sprints on my own with my chin on my Garmin. Frikkin impossible. I have no idea how Cav can push out max power like that.

Cav definitely has aero advantage plus he seems to have another kick when everyone else is at max. However I don't believe he will have it all his own way. Head to head my money is on Kittel. Overall I can't see anyone challenging Sagan for green.

Cav definitely has aero advantage plus he seems to have another kick when everyone else is at max. However I don't believe he will have it all his own way. Head to head my money is on Kittel. Overall I can't see anyone challenging Sagan for green.

:clap: :clap:

Something I'll be watching with interest are the fortunes of Ted King (Cannondale). Such a sad/unfair exit for him so early in the race last year. I was stoked to see that he made the team again. I'll be rooting for him to make it all the way to Paris this year.

Something I'll be watching with interest are the fortunes of Ted King (Cannondale). Such a sad/unfair exit for him so early in the race last year. I was stoked to see that he made the team again. I'll be rooting for him to make it all the way to Paris this year.

No TTT this year for ol' Ted

He should be all right in the grupetto