2014 Tour De France

ScottCM

Do we get a jaguar and retainer?

I will try anything once swiss :whistling:

Even better, free membership to the Hub Jet Jungle club.... count me out i'm to chicken to intentionally fall off my bike 3 times in 2 days.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So what is actually wrong with Froome?

What have the x-rays / medical reports etc revealed?

Was his retirement due to a serious injury that would have worsened if he continued?

Only he will know, he could have tried the first section of pave coming right up and made his decision then.

If I was paying him millions of pounds trying the first section of pave would have been the least I would have expected

Sure, all I need is a team car to follow me with a brand new Pina for every time I crash. Then I am in for sure!

Dont worry it was a rhetorical statement, i dont expect anyone to be silly enough to try it...even if they had a free new bike for every time

Was his retirement due to a serious injury that would have worsened if he continued?

The Tour’s official medical bulletin later described his injuries as “a hurt right elbow, right hip and right wrist. Multiple grazes”.

Source: http://tinyurl.com/oqw6fay

Draw your own conclusions!

Forgot htfu injection the morning

Sure, all I need is a team car to follow me with a brand new Pina for every time I crash. Then I am in for sure!

Funny how they were just tossing those bikes around, leaning on the car, falling over .... I gave me a small pain on the inside just watching that

Nearly as clever as having to use meme's, you on steroids again?

Want me to send you a cup of urine so you can check...?

Want me to send you a cup of urine so you can check...?

It was a rhetorical question, i dont really care

Edited by SwissVan

First hour 47,6km/h. Gérard (BSE), Maté (COF), Leezer (BEL) and Pineau (IAM) are today's breakaway

No defending champion had quit the Tour since Bernard Hinault in Pau in 1980, so "The Badger" was asked to comment on Chris Froome's abandon yesterday in L'Equipe. "As he crashed several times, bruises added to each other and he didn't want to race anymore. Had he continued, he would have been frightened on the pavés. He crashed twice on asphalted roads, how worse would it have been on the pavés! This stage is a message to the young cyclists: 'come and do Paris-Roubaix, you'll know what it is about and it'll help you when you'll ride on the pavés at the Tour'. Because the Tour will come back to the pavés again!"

Climbs of the day

- Km 107.5: côte de Coucy-le-Château-Auffrique (cat. 4), 900m at 6.2%

- Km 157: côte de Roucy (cat. 4), 1.5km at 6.2%

Degenkolb is injured but doesn't want to quit»

Questioned this morning by letour.fr, Christian Guiberteau who is a directeur sportif for Giant-Shimano gave alarming news about John Degenkolb. The winner of Gent-Wevelgem had high ambitions for tomorrow's stage to Nancy with a hill preceding the finishing line but he's seriously injured. “John has a 2cm muscle thorn in his bum. He managed to walk better this morning than last night. But his confidence is affected now. He's taking the start but in the unknown. It's going to be very painful. Normally, such an injury has to be treated by resting but he doesn't want to quit. On the other hand, Marcel Kittel doesn't suffer any consequence of his two crashes yesterday. Only one thigh is a little bit injured but nothing that prevent him from sprinting today, so we'll do our best for another bunch sprint finish in Reims because this is his last occasion to win until quite a long time from now. Tomorrow's finale in Nancy is too hard for him. It was ideal… for John, but… So we'll put our Chinese rider Ji Cheng at the head of the peloton again today. Yesterday, I followed him on the cobblestones when he was alone at the back because he had some problems to put a rain coat on and he lost contact with the group he was in. He was riding on a too small gear so I advised him to put a bigger one on. He had taken part in Paris-Roubaix before but in wet conditions, it was a very technical exercise. He did well though. We should see him in action as a breakaway killer again.”