2014 Tour De France

ScottCM

:whistling:

And what does Mommy say?

Mommy says shhhhh I'm watching ;)

No not really. . We watch during lunch and then homework then we focus on le tour.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nibali has been faultless so far and it looks like he will only be the 6th rider to win all 3 Grand Tours. The others are Anquetil, Merckx, Gimondi, Hinault & Contador. I didn't rate him that highly prior to the TdF. Thought Froome and Contador were going to destroy him but can't fault his performance.

Edited by jcza

Nibali has been faultless so far and it looks like he will only be the 6th rider to win all 3 Grand Tours. The others are Anquetil, Merckx, Gimondi, Hinault & Contador. I didn't rate him that highly prior to the TdF. Thought Froome and Contador were going to destroy him but can't fault his performance.

All he needs to do is stay in his bike.

Well in my household as soon as cycling goes on daddy falls asleep and my 4 year old gets ratty. Though this week she has been awesome and let's mommy what her cycles. And then makes the comments that Paul Sherwin is saying....Slowly training her.

He has shown himself to be a great all-rounder with a great team, as was evident last year at the Giro. I am very happy with the situation. Okay, no explosive attacks, but consistency is the key here. Having all the big-name favs out the way also has opened up a lot of possibilities for others, ie Team Tink-Off. As for Team Sky, pathetic, end of an era?

He has shown himself to be a great all-rounder with a great team, as was evident last year at the Giro. I am very happy with the situation. Okay, no explosive attacks, but consistency is the key here. Having all the big-name favs out the way also has opened up a lot of possibilities for others, ie Team Tink-Off. As for Team Sky, pathetic, end of an era?

Team Sky have had the worst tour ever. Richie was very disappointing throughout and they all seemed to have fallen apart without Froome.

It has been a tough tour without the heads there as every day there have been attacks and high speeds throughout. No rest time at all. I have enjoyed it thoroughly. Like you said, it is nice to see what the other pro's have and hear new names and get to see what they can really do, as I never get to watch much cycling but try make the tour a little bit of my time.

Team Sky have had the worst tour ever. Richie was very disappointing throughout and they all seemed to have fallen apart without Froome.

It has been a tough tour without the heads there as every day there have been attacks and high speeds throughout. No rest time at all. I have enjoyed it thoroughly. Like you said, it is nice to see what the other pro's have and hear new names and get to see what they can really do, as I never get to watch much cycling but try make the tour a little bit of my time.

I too have loved every stage..

Yes Nibbles as a huge lead..but so many other battles, it's awesome

There's been a few, kosmos'

Stage 2, flat finish, TT style

And a few where he won stages

The Shark Of Messina has demonstrated excellent racing, panache and decision-making.

Hope he gets to Paris in yellow

Last chance for Pinot & Bardet to gain time before the TT. I'm sure we will see some attacking riding.

There's been a few, kosmos'

Stage 2, flat finish, TT style

And a few where he won stages

The Shark Of Messina has demonstrated excellent racing, panache and decision-making.

Hope he gets to Paris in yellow

True, there have been. I was comparing to those antics by El-Berto and Vroom, we can only ponder as to how they all would have matched up.

Last chance for Pinot & Bardet to gain time before the TT. I'm sure we will see some attacking riding.

Peraud is looking good. . Would AG2R not rather work for him to improve on a chance for podium than work for Bardet? Sticky situation for them..

I agree but i think its only a matter of time before the Journo's come out and say the only reason he won was because Chris and Alberto weren't there.

I truly believe that Stage 2 was the key to his success. Froome and Contador didn't chase him down and that nullified any and all psychological gain they had over him from the Duaphine'. This new found confidence served him well over the cobble and has carried him in yellow till Paris. I believe he was the best all round cyclist this year and deserves to be the champion :clap:

Peraud is looking good. . Would AG2R not rather work for him to improve on a chance for podium than work for Bardet? Sticky situation for them..

I think Bardet is really feeling this tour now and will struggle today. But let's see.

I think Bardet is really feeling this tour now and will struggle today. But let's see.

Think you're right, Pinot will attack him again today but Peraud should put time into both of them on Sat in TT.