Brakes on tandem

rc6000

Hi Hubbers

Can anyone help me with the following problem.

I got a tandem frame but neither the frame or fork has brackets for the V-brakes to be fitted.

Does one get forks with this brackets ???

thanks

It's probably a disc specific frame and fork. But you do get a v brake tandem carbon fork. Cape Cycles are the suppliers. You can inquire at youre LBS.

But why not install the disc brakes? Go with the Avid mechanicals.

Contact the Exocet factory and they can braze brake posts on. Then you can get a new paint job aswell. Their office use to be in Roodepoort behind Westgate a while back but I don't have their number.

I presume it's the one with the silver bladed fork. I know they did not come with V brake bosses. Upgrade it with a carbon tandem fork. The V-brakes will make a huge differance over the roadbike callipers.

..or get a new frame instead of putting all that money into it!?

but why is this all about brakes? brakes don't make you go faster. you might live longer, but not race faster smiley16.gif

Thanks Sybrand

Did get hold of John....

And thanks again for the help with the wheels.John build me a nice set of wheels for the tandem and so far no problems