Claudio

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

WTFlock is Craig Stone?

Please say its not another fun rider

Nah. A proper doper rider. Ranked 42nd on the UCI marathon list (thank you google).

Nah. A proper doper rider. Ranked 42nd on the UCI marathon list (thank you google).

Can't be doing it right :devil: , because I've never heard of him

Weird stuff that he was caught with....not the usual suspect medicine thingies. Maybe I googled wrong.

And yes.......not a front runner in the bunch. So one can only assume it is another fun rider.

Should SAIDS not focus on the professionals when it comes to testing? It would rather seem stupid to waste money just to send the fun rider home and get a good PR exercise from it?

Well....that is just me. I would rather like to see rigorous testing on the top 50 guys in the country than some random back marker at the fun rides we attend.

I do it of fun. For the fitness of it. But there are pros that are making a living out of it......

It is like the family man trying to balance his budget at home and then PWC coming in for a full blown audit on his excel sheet.......

Good luck with that SAIDS.........

I stand corrected then......interesting.

Not a name you hear in the races....

And yes.......not a front runner in the bunch. So one can only assume it is another fun rider.

I'm sure he falls into the middleweight category - wasn't he with Momsen/Coffeeberry last year?

Meh - I'll google some more :-)

He won the 2012 Imana Wild Ride, Top 10 Sani2C this year and registered to ride the 2014 epic (I'm guessing that won't happen anymore).

Edited by Eldron

Knowing Craig personally, and looking at the features of Prednisone & Prednisolone, I would speculate that his was an ingestion of an anti-imflammatory / decongestant / hemorrhoid medication that had these active ingredients, and not an attempt to gain an advantage though 'doping'.

Knowing Craig personally, and looking at the features of Prednisone & Prednisolone, I would speculate that his was an ingestion of an anti-imflammatory / decongestant / hemorrhoid medication that had these active ingredients, and not an attempt to gain an advantage though 'doping'.

The sad fact is that yoou may be right but 2 decades of dopers have made the general public rather deaf to I didn't do it/It was accidental/My mother chicken had cocaine in it pleas.

Whatever way you look at it - glucocorticosteroids benefit those taking them (illegally benefit).

Well, some say it is a PED and others say its quite the contrary, to the point it retards performance.

But, it was picked up in a test so there must be a reason for that.

If it was taken as a prescribed medicine he wont have to worry because he will have the paperwork and Doctor to validate this. If not, I hear the villagers with their pitchforks closing in

Prednisone is often used in the treatment of Asthma and as an adjunct to therapy in chest and related infections - usually it is prescribed - so lets wait and see - maybe he forgot to get a TUE....

Well, some say it is a PED and others say its quite the contrary, to the point it retards performance.

Certainly he would gain weight using it in the course of normal therapy - 3 - 5 kg would be my guess on a 5 day course...