Attakwas - 2014

jugheaddave

The one downhill before the Spur waterpoint?

thats a nice technical drop and I like it..you gotta take the right line there..if I remember correctly a guy fell there last year and he broke his hipt

Managed to break two spokes riding down there. Only saw at the Spur stop. Fulcrums still got me home though! Stay away from the burgers. Don't skimp on tyres or Stans. Save some for the last. When you think you're done, you're not.

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you decide 8hours then you can take the first 60kms easy & hammer the balance but the heat will smash you. If you decide less than 8hours then you going to have to race it from the gun

In my opinion a good time in this race is achieved by having something left in the tank for the last 60km, and actually to take it easier and conserve energy during the first 60km. You really need energy left in order to keep a rhythm on the undulations of the second half of the race. Sub 8 is very achievable without racing from the gun, but rather taking it easy from the start and finishing strong during the second half of the race.

Having said that, whichever way you approach the ride, it remains an afkak session of note.

It is hard to pick a good SS ratio.... First half is intervally and the 2nd half is flat with 4 climbs...... I like it though.

See you all there

Just some useless info, I am the manager at Pine Creek holiday resort where the race ends and the mini Attakwas starts from.

Well, we have 2 chalets which sleeps 6 people @ R700/night @ current tariff, not to sure about new prices, but the one chalet is booked already. Then we also have tent/caravansites @ R150/night for 2 people and 1 car plus R50/additional person up to max 6 people per site and 2 cars. Key deposit is R50/key/vehicle. You can have a look at our website at www.kampsa.co.za to see all the facilities.

It is hard to pick a good SS ratio.... First half is intervally and the 2nd half is flat with 4 climbs...... I like it though.

See you all there

Rode 32x20 last year, worked out ok. Going to up it to 33x20 next year just for a bit more speed on the district roads at the end.

Rode 32x20 last year, worked out ok. Going to up it to 33x20 next year just for a bit more speed on the district roads at the end.

Big mistake that.

I used a 33/18 and could have used a 19.

If you think you are going to need speed for those district roads on a bigger gear, think again.

Big mistake that.

I used a 33/18 and could have used a 19.

If you think you are going to need speed for those district roads on a bigger gear, think again.

Not my first outing on a SS, did a 6:20 and felt good at the end. Want to try and get closer to 6:10 next year.

Not my first outing on a SS, did a 6:20 and felt good at the end. Want to try and get closer to 6:10 next year.

No problem, I am in awe.