Woolcock, Kleinhans new leaders at Bridge Cape Pioneer Trek

Matt

The brutal terrain of the Kammanassie Mountains in South Africa’s Western Cape province left their mark on the Bridge Cape Pioneer Trek on Tuesday when SCOTT Factory Racing’s Philip Buys (RSA) and Matthys Beukes (RSA) charged to the stage win; and RE:CM’s Waylon Woolcock (RSA) and Erik Kleinhans (RSA) moved into the overall lead.

Click here to view the article

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Lots of noise about attacks on the yellow while they had a mechanical....eish

Anyhow, the best team will win.

Oh and did anybody watch the highlights of the stage where Looser had the mechanical....BS was kukking him out nicely on the camera hahahhaa "You should have had that bomb ready bru"

Mountain bike racing is a test of rider and equipment. If you breakdown it is your problem, You trade weight for reliability.

Nothing wrong with taking advantage of your competitors mechanical misfortunes.

Mountain bike racing is a test of rider and equipment. If you breakdown it is your problem, You trade weight for reliability.

Nothing wrong with taking advantage of your competitors mechanical misfortunes.

Yip agree..mtb'ing is not only about fitness, your preparation, technical skills, equipment, trailside / emergency repair skills and tactics all get tested. Now before guys start flaming me about the "unwritten rule" I say they should unwrite this rule...its racing, and its all fair game. Bad luck se moer....you make your own luck. Its more exciting if they say gloves off, lets box and we wont get the violin tweets and reports and interviews.

Flame away

Tough to call because Looser crashed and punctured. They then battled to plug the wheel and ended up waiting for a wheel from another team.

Tough to call because Looser crashed and punctured. They then battled to plug the wheel and ended up waiting for a wheel from another team.

huh, why tough to call?

huh, why tough to call?

Do you sit up and wait because he crashed?

Or do you continue to race because he punctured?

Ah ok....I say neither, if he crashed...its because he either lost concentration or ran out of talent. ATTACK

Puncture...did he run very lightweight tyres, not enough sealant, couldn't plug it because he didnt carry plugs, boot or tube or didn't have the experience to calm down and fix what needs fixing wasting time running around like a headless chicken...ATTACK

Less violin music...more racing

Edited by rouxtjie

Ah ok....I say neither, if he crashed...its because he either lost concentration or ran out of talent. ATTACK

Puncture...did he run very lightweight tyres, not enough sealant, couldn't plug it because he didnt carry plugs, boot or tube or didn't have the experience to calm down and fix what needs fixing wasting time running around like a headless chicken...ATTACK

Looser was running around like a headless chicken but Stewart was very calm.

Here is Kevin Evans' take on it - http://www.treadmtb....r-trek-stage-4/

Edited by jcza

If someone is in need of you medical help, then you stop. Else you go on.

Agreed. In road racing where staying in "the peleton" has a much greater influence on racing and where attacks normally only happen on mountains or cross winds then then sure - there are unwritten rules which make sense.

Mtb is a much more solo and much more mechanical sport I reckon the unwritten rules need not apply.

Looser was running around like a headless chicken but Stewart was very calm.

Here is Kevin Evans' take on it - http://www.treadmtb....r-trek-stage-4/

Yea, thank goodness for BS and his stage racing experience....

Ja read that article...don't agree with king kev since its in his interest to say what he said.

i agree. MTB is race on, no waiting for this or that. Last year with the epic when coolharvey had his chainbreaker break, you did not see the bulls team waiting for them. This is MTB, HTFU

Yea, thank goodness for BS and his stage racing experience....

Ja read that article...don't agree with king kev since its in his interest to say what he said.

Did you see the highlights? Stewart telling Looser to "calm down"

Did you see the highlights? Stewart telling Looser to "calm down"

Ja, was quite funny. The oke looked totally frazzled....he did see his ringpiece so could be a bit of adrenaline. Oh and where BS tells him he should have had the bomb ready.....classic