Woolcock, Kleinhans new leaders at Bridge Cape Pioneer Trek

Matt

Yea, thank goodness for BS and his stage racing experience....

Ja read that article...don't agree with king kev since its in his interest to say what he said.

I sort of agree with him. I guess the right thing to do is to keep riding the same tempo you were riding before the crash. "Attacking" the crasher seems a bit offside.

The difference between riding the same tempo and attacking is of coourse so "viewer defined" that each person will have their opinion on whether an attack happened or not.

Out of the saddle sprinting when the crashers are still going arse over elbow will probably not win you a strong fanbase though :-)

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I sort of agree with him. I guess the right thing to do is to keep riding the same tempo you were riding before the crash. "Attacking" the crasher seems a bit offside.

The difference between riding the same tempo and attacking is of coourse so "viewer defined" that each person will have their opinion on whether an attack happened or not.

Out of the saddle sprinting when the crashers are still going arse over elbow will probably not win you a strong fanbase though :-)

There seems to be mention of nico phitzenmayer..spelling?? influencing the racing on the day...and yes that is against the rules.

Looks like they kissed and made up

Team RE:CM@Team_RECM59s

Camaraderie: RE:CM, Scott, FedGroup & Cannondale all helping each other out in the tech zone..

Looks like they kissed and made up

Team RE:CM@Team_RECM59s

Camaraderie: RE:CM, Scott, FedGroup & Cannondale all helping each other out in the tech zone..

Ag no, we had the making of a nice friday fight club thread...so much for that :clap:

Team RE:CM@Team_RECM3m

.@bridgeCPT WP2, 36km: Scott lead; Westvaal +4'50"; RE:CM +9'50"; FedGroup +17'15"; EAI, Asrin1 +27'00" #DevilsDescent

Apparently its raining, could still get interesting

yebo....seems that is the ball game for fedgroup. Wonder how far westvaal is down on gc over RECM

yebo....seems that is the ball game for fedgroup. Wonder how far westvaal is down on gc over RECM

Westvaal 32 mins down on GC

Team RE:CM@Team_RECM7m

Riders coming through the tech zone with ZERO brakes, staff literally catching riders to stop them..

Mtb racing..may the best team win..many guys didnt make the first day due to top end light carbon rear derailers that broke in the mud..tought like for them..this is racing when your competitor brake down you take advantage and race even harder ..anyway it's raining hard in George..it's going to be another muddy day

I see nothing wrong with what happened. If you crash or have a mechanical then that's your problem. Don't expect people to wait for you, because you had a little bad luck. This is MTB'ing after all, not some primary school rugby game where everyone's a winner...

Westvaal 32 mins down on GC

Team RE:CM@Team_RECM7m

Riders coming through the tech zone with ZERO brakes, staff literally catching riders to stop them..

Are they all riding Avid? :whistling: