Hope Brake Appreciation Thread

patches

All the contributers here must take credit (or blame) for my buy, posting pics here of these awesome brakes. If what I read here is correct, I'll probably hit the stem with the family jewles on the first ride.

• Replies 425
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

All the contributers here must take credit (or blame) for my buy, posting pics here of these awesome brakes. If what I read here is correct, I'll probably hit the stem with the family jewles on the first ride.

Not quite. While they are incredibly powerful they don't surprise you with the power. They are really well behaved even if you climb on them good and proper.

Congrats on the purchase.

• 11 months later...

This thread has been very quiet, where's all the chaps with the new Hope brakes range, any long term reviews?

I have a +- 5 year old Hope trials, so far I have bled it once (2 months ago) and replaced the hose and pads. Still stopping like a monster!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest rockan.keyy

Nothing beats the Hopes. I run Shitmanos on the play bike and they suck. 

The Race X2 with 203mm rotors on the Morewood rock! Smooth, light and super powerful. 

• 5 years later...

I'm so disappointed in these. I love Hope products, but these callipers are dissolving. Despite what they look like, I've not used them much. Those are the pads that shipped with the callipers! I'm wondering if there's some galvanic corrosion going on here..?

post-37618-0-27140500-1582611377_thumb.jpg

post-37618-0-92554300-1582611387_thumb.jpg

Front or rear brake, that seems like scratching to me or something repeatedly rubbing against it

I have a set that's going on 4 years and the anodizing has hardly started to fade

Front or rear brake, that seems like scratching to me or something repeatedly rubbing against it

I have a set that's going on 4 years and the anodizing has hardly started to fade

At first it also looked like that to me, but that is the top facing part of the caliper, i.e. also away from the direction of the wheel's rotation on the front/fork.

Looks like brake fluid could be the culprit.

Edited by stefmeister

At first it also looked like that to me, but that is the top facing part of the caliper, i.e. also away from the direction of the wheel's rotation on the front/fork.

Looks like brake fluid could be the culprit.

Yeah, I'm gonna guess someone spilled Dot fluid on that brake.

It's not from dot fluid. Nothing leaking. Those are both front and back callipers. I sent pics to Hope, they told me it was from road salt corrosion. Obviously no road salt used in Durban, but it's corrosion none the less.