Dreamy Long Travel / AM Hardtails

Hairy

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i saw this frame, and was really tempted.

tell us more, how is it going?

Really Really enjoy it. Its like a Dirt Jump bike on steroids that can handle a lot more then a pump track and table tops. But really am enjoying it. Only thing i am going to change is later in the year I want to go 1by11. Just did not have the funds at the moment for a groupset.

Really Really enjoy it. Its like a Dirt Jump bike on steroids that can handle a lot more then a pump track and table tops. But really am enjoying it. Only thing i am going to change is later in the year I want to go 1by11. Just did not have the funds at the moment for a groupset.

nothing wrong with a 1 x 1 setup either!

MY HT was bothering me a bit... it felt heavy and lethargic when pedaling. I started looking for the reason. The weight was not great - 13.8 kg with DX pedals. I took those off as one has a very bent axle and fitted some 520's. Then I swapped the Magic Mary up front for a Rock Razor. That shaved about 300g off the weight. Then I raised the seat 10mm. 

My first ride was promising but it took the switch to some stiff XC shoes and the seat raise to make a really noticeable difference. My ride yesterday was almost like being on a different bike which I put down to the seat height and shoes. 

The front tyre actually works well. I did reign it in a bit on the steepest descent but on another segment I recorded an almost record time and it handled off camber roots and pine needles rather well. 

Next step is a lighter back tyre although the Super Gravit RR is a nice to have when you hit rocks at speed.... 

Loving the Dee Dar again...

MY HT was bothering me a bit... it felt heavy and lethargic when pedaling. I started looking for the reason. The weight was not great - 13.8 kg with DX pedals. I took those off as one has a very bent axle and fitted some 520's. Then I swapped the Magic Mary up front for a Rock Razor. That shaved about 300g off the weight. Then I raised the seat 10mm. 

My first ride was promising but it took the switch to some stiff XC shoes and the seat raise to make a really noticeable difference. My ride yesterday was almost like being on a different bike which I put down to the seat height and shoes. 

The front tyre actually works well. I did reign it in a bit on the steepest descent but on another segment I recorded an almost record time and it handled off camber roots and pine needles rather well. 

Next step is a lighter back tyre although the Super Gravit RR is a nice to have when you hit rocks at speed.... 

Rock Razor on the front - sounds like you have a good relationship with your dentist!

Gooi a picture or two - keen to see it!

I always thought the cheapest solution to a midlife crisis was to get your wife to sleep on the other side of the bed, cut her hair and change her name.

Turns out all that's needed is new tyres and stiffer shoes. (Won't tell the wife that though.)

Rock Razor on the front - sounds like you have a good relationship with your dentist!

Gooi a picture or two - keen to see it!

nah ... he just has a good FF helmet :P

I always thought the cheapest solution to a midlife crisis was to get your wife to sleep on the other side of the bed, cut her hair and change her name.

Turns out all that's needed is new tyres and stiffer shoes. (Won't tell the wife that though.)

Nope you do that too. The more stuff that you change, the younger you feel. 

nah ... he just has a good FF helmet :P

It really works very well considering. Grip levels are fine under braking in a straight line if you are careful and the cornering knobs hang in there. 

Nope you do that too. The more stuff that you change, the younger you feel. 

will give this a spin tonight .................