Dreamy Long Travel / AM Hardtails

Hairy

Im going to Brussels next week and will go have a look at the Honzo Birthday edition.

Interesting as we were able to secure a few of the 'hard-to-come-by' immediate collectors frames ;) They are inbound already. Some have already been pre-sold.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

100% Steve - Also gonna treat myself to an aggressive HT. My Knolly is just way too much bike for general rides and I reckon I'd ride more (Even uphill) if I had something lighter and nimble and a 140mm aggressive HT will suit my needs perfectly. Have most of the build bits already so just deciding on a frame.

It was between the Marin San Quentin, Commencal Meta AM HT and Airdrop Bitmap. Marin is out though unfortunately as they don't have a frame only option so I nearly pulled the trigger on the commie last week but then the Airdrop got thrown in the mix and I'm seriously having an internal war. I do love a bit of a boutique brand.

I know what the Commie will cost delivered to my door but the Airdrop is a bit of a plus minus situation and already a  bit more than the commie. Also the warranty with Commencal will be easier if anything goes wrong as there is local support. 

Decisions...

Difficult choice!!!

100% Steve - Also gonna treat myself to an aggressive HT. My Knolly is just way too much bike for general rides and I reckon I'd ride more (Even uphill) if I had something lighter and nimble and a 140mm aggressive HT will suit my needs perfectly. Have most of the build bits already so just deciding on a frame.

It was between the Marin San Quentin, Commencal Meta AM HT and Airdrop Bitmap. Marin is out though unfortunately as they don't have a frame only option so I nearly pulled the trigger on the commie last week but then the Airdrop got thrown in the mix and I'm seriously having an internal war. I do love a bit of a boutique brand.

I know what the Commie will cost delivered to my door but the Airdrop is a bit of a plus minus situation and already a bit more than the commie. Also the warranty with Commencal will be easier if anything goes wrong as there is local support.

Decisions...

A friend of mine is a Marin distributor. I’ll ask him if he can get a frame only?

A friend of mine is a Marin distributor. I’ll ask him if he can get a frame only?

Thanks Dude, if it's Rick, then he's the guy I've been dealing with and no dice on frame only unfortunately.

I know what the Commie will cost delivered to my door but the Airdrop is a bit of a plus minus situation and already a  bit more than the commie. Also the warranty with Commencal will be easier if anything goes wrong as there is local support. 

Decisions...

So envious man.

There is nothing more boutique than a custom built steel frame to your specific geometry and dimensions.

Have you considered a Mercer frame???

So envious man.

There is nothing more boutique than a custom built steel frame to your specific geometry and dimensions.

Have you considered a Mercer frame???

I'd love a Mercer frame but by the time I've added taxes and postage it's just to much.

I'd love a Mercer frame but by the time I've added taxes and postage it's just to much.

The guys at Marino Bikes make custom steel frames for less than 400 dollars. 

Have a look at them, drop them an email. Hand made in Peru with great after market service....

Local, boutique, custom Ti frame, drop us a line  :thumbup:

Decisions...