Dreamy Long Travel / AM Hardtails

Hairy

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Where would one source the Kona frame? Locally or internationally?

I looked at the honza before i built the Meta HT , they said there's no more frames in midget size until they bring out the 2019 frames, i couldn't wait

Where would one source the Kona frame? Locally or internationally?

Cameron from Trail Tech assisted me in trying to get one in, drop them a line

OMG DROOOOOOOL!!! What size contis are those?

They say 2.4 on the sidewall but they measure closer to actual 2.5" sidewall to sidewall. they definitely run big. They are HUGE compared to the maxxis minion DHF 2.5's I also have. 

Edit: on a sunringle mtx33 rim (26mm internal bead). pretty sure they'll go bigger on something wider haha

Edited by morneS555

They say 2.4 on the sidewall but they measure closer to actual 2.5" sidewall to sidewall. they definitely run big. They are HUGE compared to the maxxis minion DHF 2.5's I also have. 

Edit: on a sunringle mtx33 rim (26mm internal bead). pretty sure they'll go bigger on something wider haha

yeah, I saw that. It's the first time I've seen continentals run wider than what it says on the sidewall. They're notorious for being over-stated. That's why I was kinda doubtful when you said they were wider than 2.4....

BUT. Schwalbe & WTB are the same. 2.35 schwalbe is bigger than 2.5WT maxxis. My old 2.3 WTB Wolverine was also bigger than a 2.5 Maxxis. 

Gorgeous my man  :thumbup:

How much travel in the front? 140/150?

160mm  :whistling:. probably a bit too much but its a Large frame and the max it can handle according to Cotic. It was also what was available in the classifieds at a good price. It's a RS Liryk.

But saying that...i did build it with "outrageous" in mind so all choices were justified by how silly they were before how practical they might be haha.  Same when i had to choose between black or purple Hope bling...i thought...."what would my 16y old self do?"easy choice then... :D

I think in the end it probably came out as something you might want to keep pointing down and go as fast as you can to have the most fun on it, even though it pedals quite nicely too. this was always going to be my "bmx" fun machine. It looks quite badass in person too...like it wants to break stuff  :devil: and i'm pretty sure it can haha 

EDIT: full specs:

-2016 Cotic BFE size L

-Hope: headset, seatclamp, rear scewer, purple Pro4 hubs front and rear, purple disk rotors in 180mm front, 160mm rear.

-20mm T/A tapered Rockshox Lyrik RC2 DH 170mm limted to 160mm and Marsh guard

-780mm bars on 60mm stem - still need to update these.

- DMR Deathgrips (flanged)

-Full Shimano Saint m820 drivetrain (shifter, cranks & pedals, BB, rear derailleur"

-Shimano XT 10-36 cassette.

-Raceface N/W chainring 34T - Purple

-Shimano Deore m6000 brakes (NEEEEEED to want purple Hope E4's)

-26" Sunringle MTX33 hoops

-Conti Trail King 26 x 2.4" F/R for urban messing about, Minion DHF 2.5 Super tacky for offroad fun. 

its a big burly bruising fun machine.

Edited by morneS555

Love it man   - there is no such thing as "a bit too much"  :drool:

“Excess makes the heart grow fonder...” 

― John Balance

:clap: 

160mm  :whistling:. probably a bit too much but its a Large frame and the max it can handle according to Cotic. It was also what was available in the classifieds at a good price. It's a RS Liryk.

But saying that...i did build it with "outrageous" in mind so all choices were justified by how silly they were before how practical they might be haha.  Same when i had to choose between black or purple Hope bling...i thought...."what would my 16y old self do?"easy choice then... :D

I think in the end it probably came out as something you might want to keep pointing down and go as fast as you can to have the most fun on it, even though it pedals quite nicely too. this was always going to be my "bmx" fun machine. It looks quite badass in person too...like it wants to break stuff  :devil: and i'm pretty sure it can haha 

EDIT: full specs:

-2016 Cotic BFE size L

-Hope: headset, seatclamp, rear scewer, purple Pro4 hubs front and rear, purple disk rotors in 180mm front, 160mm rear.

-20mm T/A tapered Rockshox Lyrik RC2 DH 170mm limted to 160mm and Marsh guard

-780mm bars on 60mm stem - still need to update these.

- DMR Deathgrips (flanged)

-Full Shimano Saint m820 drivetrain (shifter, cranks & pedals, BB, rear derailleur"

-Shimano XT 10-36 cassette.

-Raceface N/W chainring 34T - Purple

-Shimano Deore m6000 brakes (NEEEEEED to want purple Hope E4's)

-26" Sunringle MTX33 hoops

-Conti Trail King 26 x 2.4" F/R for urban messing about, Minion DHF 2.5 Super tacky for offroad fun. 

its a big burly bruising fun machine.

“Excess makes the heart grow fonder...” 
― John Balance

• 3 weeks later...