Dreamy Long Travel / AM Hardtails

Hairy

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That's a rad build, man. Budget beating performance. Looks either like an SB Slade trail or a Kona...

Thanks Cap, it came in quite low budget as most of the parts were transferred from my trail bike.  Yip its a SB Slade trail frame

Edited by Stevief

Gearboxes been around for a while, but yeah apparently very good. Would like to try one sometime

Friend of mine has the full sus version of this Nicolai with the internal gearbox, took it for a short ride, it is extremely smooth, quiet and shifts quickly (grip shift).  Having said that, the gearbox did have to go back to Italy to sort a problem, which was inconvenient!

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Dreamy HT incoming:

Ill post pictures when i have everything...not my bike but i got to spend someone else's money on black friday to get them something leka for a nice price. Bikeshops in gp were trying to flog him some XC bikes and I said no...give me a budget and lets go play on the local internet bike shopping mall lol. Im building it next week once the frame arrives from trailtech...then boxing and shipping up to GP.

Dartmoor Primal 29 2020 (red devil colorway)

Fox 34 150mm - getting some heritage red matching decals

Full SLX 7100 1x12 groupo

Slx 7100 brakeset

Lyne Amp v2 wheelset microspline

Lyne 200mm dropper

Lyne stem

Dartmoor X-hi rise nitro bars (he’s tall)

Dartmoor arrow saddle

Maxxis ardent 29x2.4 rubber

DMR deathgrips in red

DMR v12 pedals

Its going to be droolworthy. So jealous its not mine

post-64325-0-15192500-1606585245_thumb.jpeg

post-64325-0-71799800-1606585253_thumb.jpeg

Edited by morneS555

PS: everything brand spanking new except for the fork which i got of here today for a super price from a awesome hubber. The fork is what you’d describe as mint...not a mark on it. At first we were going to skimp a bit and get a black friday special RS recon RL 140mm fork for around 5k but i convinced him that for 3k ish more we can get something PROPER off here that would totally vindicate the build as something drool-worthy....something a stupid salesman cookie cutter bike couldnt hold a candle to.

Dreamy HT incoming:

Ill post pictures when i have everything...not my bike but i got to spend someone else's money on black friday to get them something leka for a nice price. Bikeshops in gp were trying to flog him some XC bikes and I said no...give me a budget and lets go play on the local internet bike shopping mall lol. Im building it next week once the frame arrives from trailtech...then boxing and shipping up to GP.

Dartmoor Primal 29 2020 (red devil colorway)

Fox 34 150mm - getting some heritage red matching decals

Full SLX 7100 1x12 groupo

Slx 7100 brakeset

Lyne Amp v2 wheelset microspline

Lyne 200mm dropper

Lyne stem

Dartmoor X-hi rise nitro bars (he’s tall)

Dartmoor arrow saddle

Maxxis ardent 29x2.4 rubber

DMR deathgrips in red

DMR v12 pedals

Its going to be droolworthy. So jealous its not mine

Great build almost identical to mine but tryes 2.4  not 2.6?

Touché Red devil.....touché????. (We dubbed it “El Diablo Rojo”)

Ps...this was taken about 40km before i ended up in the E.R later haha.

Such a rad bike. I’m shocked how good the slx 12spd stuff is. Full shimano with cassette and chain. I cant imagine how good xtr must feel because this slx makes my Saint (xtr level) stuff feel like toys. The shifting is so positive. And shifting ander load, such a wierd feeling to do something you instinctively avoid doing. It just works.

And there is a reason fox forks are do expensive. Butter

post-64325-0-26192000-1607190614_thumb.jpeg

Edited by morneS555