Dreamy Long Travel / AM Hardtails

Hairy

Great build almost identical to mine but tryes 2.4  not 2.6?

The bike is for someone who isnt really a shredder but I wanted to build them a fun playful bike..rather than the xc crap they were trying to flog him in the shops for similar money. He’s a recreational cyclist who wants to start riding some trails with his kid. There are limited 2.6 in maxxis thread patterns available locally at the moment...and then we ge overcharged for them like mofos. So they didnt fall in the budget. These two allround ardents cost the same as 1 x 2.6 maxxis tire lol. And to be fair...they look right in the bike imo. They fill out the rear triangle pretty well so i’m not too sure a proper 2.6 will even fit in there. Maxxis 2.6 arent real 2.6. I had some schwalbes in 2.6 and they dwarf a rekon 2.6

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nome of that. The real thing. They are R450 from omnico. Already got a set.

trying to find a link with the decal kits being sold ... or is it via LBS only?

trying to find a link with the decal kits being sold ... or is it via LBS only?

Via bikeshop. But

Cycle factory is closed permanently. They didnt survive lockdown it seems.

We got them through Cogent industries since he is in GP. My cousin knows the guy. They order from omnico so im pretty sure stoke or whoever can order in.

https://www.cogentindustries.co.za/product/fox-am-heritage-decals-kits-2016/

Ps, what color are you looking for hairy? There is a set of orange ones hanging on the shelf at CWC there by the forks

Ps, what color are you looking for hairy? There is a set of orange ones hanging on the shelf at CWC there by the forks

I am just curious ..... I can only buy toys for the bike when I start riding it again vs riding my desk like I currently am..... if I start riding I can justify to myself :P

And I am thinking stealth is the way to go ... or else to match the teal blue on the YT

I am just curious ..... I can only buy toys for the bike when I start riding it again vs riding my desk like I currently am..... if I start riding I can justify to myself :P

And I am thinking stealth is the way to go ... or else to match the teal blue on the YT

One could say your desk is currently riding you.....

• 2 weeks later...

I have just tweaked my One One Dee Dar with a Spez 125mm dropper post and some stem height adjustment. The lay back seat post with the saddle all the way back has given me a far better fit for flats and climbs but preserved the downhill performance. Swapped it for my friends epic Evo for a bit yesterday and it felt good to be back on my HT after the monster truck. He enjoyed the 26er too. 

• 1 month later...

I know I'm gushing a bit but every ride I enjoy this bike so much. It gets hammered every ride but the strong 26er wheels just keep on going. It turns and stops so well and manuals more easily than my enduro bike.  I cant fathom why the back wheel isn't destroyed yet, like my much newer enduro rear wheel which is far from round and keeps breaking spokes. If I had to have only one bike it would probably be this bike only longer and slacker and maybe in 27.5. 

post-14003-0-01997100-1611656013_thumb.jpg

• 6 months later...

Bit of a thread resurrect. What’s going on in the hardtail fun hardtail scene locally. Is there anything available with some slack geo and 130+ travel? 

a cursory glance at the classifieds here and Facebook market place didn’t show much, and new bikes, obviously nothing available now.