Top riders comment on dramatic new Absa Cape Epic route

Claudio

Both local and international mountain biking enthusiasts will be taking on the demanding eight day Absa Cape Epic of 718km with 14 850m of climbing during next year’s event. With its unexplored landscapes, the stage locations of Robertson, Greyton and Oak Valley Wine estate await the most prestigious mountain bike stage race in the world, before riders again finish at the Lourensford Wine Estate.

Click here to view the article

Who's going to be Christoph Sauser's team mate?

+1...can't see it being coolharvey...think his xc season got affected by all the marathon training he did. Will have to be a spez factory team mate....Wells...thejap??? who knows

+1...can't see it being coolharvey...think his xc season got affected by all the marathon training he did. Will have to be a spez factory team mate....Wells...thejap??? who knows

Don't think coolharvey or Yamamoto will be his team mate..will be very interesting to see as Sauser wants his name to go down in history as the rider with the most epic wins, so he needs a partner that will be able to keep up with him :thumbup: The only one I can see is Wells to fill those big shoes..

Don't think coolharvey or Yamamoto will be his team mate..will be very interesting to see as Sauser wants his name to go down in history as the rider with the most epic wins, so he needs a partner that will be able to keep up with him :thumbup: The only one I can see is Wells to fill those big shoes..

Yea, Suzie wants that title...he is so close he can taste it. I don't know if Wells can keep up though. Tough situation and like you said, he would like a partner that is up to the task. Maybe they will have to look outside the spez stable.

Would like to see him and maybe lekata, don't think it will happen though

I hear that Alban Lakata is targeting the Epic as his major goal next year. It could be interesting since Marathon World Champs and TransAlps used to be his major goals in previous years. They also had a bit of bad luck with his teammate colliding with that antelope this year.

:offtopic:

It would be cool if mtb stage racing could become more individualistic or more like road cycling team based. It would be nice to see Sauser destroy all opposition like this year in the Attakwas where he won with a massive gap, a new course record, despite multiple punctures and mechanicals.