Origin of Trails

milky4130

yeah me the same, all that climbing meant that when I reached the ST I was knackered & couldn't enjoy it.

Had no idea at what point we entered Jonkers. I only recognized we were in Jonkers when we hit the downhill ST as it has that "Specialized" signs.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What would you like then ideally? I've only done a few races here so I haven't got much to compare to. I thought the climbs were worth it for the descents. Much prefer longer less steep ones mysel and don't mind a bit of walking every so often as it takes a bit of strain off my legs ad shoulders.

What a tough, tough race!!!

The late start meant we were at least 20mins longer in the sun than needed to be.

At 27km there was a nasty climb of 300m in like less than a couple of km's, gradient easily +10 region. Everyone had to push a small section where there were steps to climb. The heat especially took its toll, I regret not cooling off under that the waterfall :-(

Did a 4:29 over 75km & not 68km as per their profile & not as per their advertised 70km.

Let the recovery begin.

Well done Milky and good luck for tomorrow

I agree, was a really tough day out there. Gotto say I was disappointed with the route, which felt quite 'Epic'y. Not enough flow and too much grinding straight up vineyards just to bomb straight down them again. That said, the new Banghoek Valley singletrack was incredible and lots of fun (as was the normal Jonkershoek stuff)

Will take you with on that shortcuts tomorrow!

Well done on the result today, Top 10 in a proper field!

What a day today, I absolutely loved it. such an amazing route, did not like the bit through Kayamandi, but after that was all brilliant. To end it off with a run down G-spot, probably the best bit of single track in the country. Superb race, waterpoints good, food after the race brilliant, organisation, marshalling everything just brilliant. Watch this space, this is gonna become one of the most sought after races in the country. Hope the organisers give us first option to enter next year, all of us who made the first one so special. What a weekend in Stellenbosch.

Agree awesome event, well what did you expect same people that brought you W2W init?

Today saw my African roots come out, the Somalian in me, rode the 2nd Half like a beast everyone who dropped & passed me in the first half I reeled in & left them behind in my dust. Was riding all day with Sharon Laws (yesterday & today), just too many climbs yesterday & she got the better of me. Today i put 6mins into Sharon & pipped her by 1min overall. So day2 & 3, is when I ride stronger for longer. This is a big deal for me cause she is a Pro, British national champ, etc. although she just came off that injury she sustained in Argus crash but she won W2w a couple of weeks ago.

I also hope to be back next year.

Funny, I thought today was really disappointing after yesterday. Highlight was g spot but yesterday was so full of highlights I don't know what was best. Horses for courses I suppose..

Funny, I thought today was really disappointing after yesterday. Highlight was g spot but yesterday was so full of highlights I don't know what was best. Horses for courses I suppose..

It was 2 completely different days. Both incredible, absolutely my favourite race I have ever done. Today was flat and fast and I made up some time I lost on the tough climbs yesterday. G- Spot was unreal, did not even feel my tired legs going down there. Will be there for sure next year.

Was a great race, well organised and great food (quite important when you need three helpings to refuel after all that climbing (GPS said 2515m?) on day 1!)

Lost my sense of humour on day one though. All the climbing left me too broken to enjoy the singletrack. In fact too broken to enjoy anything at all. Guess I just need to train harder for next year.

Day two made up for it though and I finished a lot happier. The run through G-spot towards the end really did hit the spot and put a smile on my face.

Was a great race, well organised and great food (quite important when you need three helpings to refuel after all that climbing (GPS said 2515m?) on day 1!)

Lost my sense of humour on day one though. All the climbing left me too broken to enjoy the singletrack. In fact too broken to enjoy anything at all. Guess I just need to train harder for next year.

Day two made up for it though and I finished a lot happier. The run through G-spot towards the end really did hit the spot and put a smile on my face.

G spot made my week. Its just so awsome. :clap: By the looks of your profile pic we have the same bike, built for singletrack like that. :thumbup: Edited by schalk1982

I just couldn't resist one or two double jumps & a couple of manuals but mostly took the chicken runs.I have to admit I was over cautious through G-Spot as I had a nasty experience there a few months back. Luckily I walked away with nothing broken & only a couple of roasties. post-3951-0-66726100-1386017234_thumb.jpg

Edited by milky4130