94.7 MTB Expo

divernick

I just collected my number and went with my wallet, you know, just in case.

I am super-disappointed at the "expo" part of it. Come on guys. MTBers spend loads of loot, so why is nobody there exhibiting and punting their wares?

The guys who are there will probably do ok and make some cash:

ASG

Anatomic

Prepsol (Bought a big bottle of bike wash)

Thule

Some gimmicky electro-massage thing (ok, maybe they won't make any cash)

First Ascent selling 94.7 branded stuff

Nakd Energy bars (yummy stuff)

One or 2 other small okes who I can't remember cos they didn't interest me....

Where are the shops? Where are the importers? Where are the brands?

I wanted to see some bike bling, some cool accessories or something interesting.

Am I alone in thinking that there's a huge sales opportunity being missed here?

I know this is off the topic, but could anyone possibly assist me with a 55 km MTB cancellation or advice on where I could possibly try to obtain one?....thanks

94.7 is over rated :ph34r:

Shuddup, it was my first race ever and I have a soft spot for it. River rubbish dump, Allandale broken glass and building rubble n'all.

Expo's are becoming such a waste of time.

Dare I say it, even Argus expo.

I think cost is the major deterrent to potential exhibitors.

With all the nite series mtb rides I want to get a second light, sounds like I should get one over the web then. Even the recent cycle fare was bit of a let down. :mellow:

Having to go twice at 2 different locations for number collection is ridiculous! They should do 1 big Expo where you can get both the MTB and Road race numbers.

I don't think they want to hold an expo for that long though. If they had to do it like this they would've started today and only finish next week Saturday. And I bet booking the entire dome for three days does not come cheap.

I am happy with it like this. Imagine you are only doing the MTB and you have to go and queue with 30,000+ roadies to get a number board and a water bottle. Imagine the frustrations that will bring.

I don't think they want to hold an expo for that long though. If they had to do it like this they would've started today and only finish next week Saturday. And I bet booking the entire dome for three days does not come cheap.

I am happy with it like this. Imagine you are only doing the MTB and you have to go and queue with 30,000+ roadies to get a number board and a water bottle. Imagine the frustrations that will bring.

Good point

Any special prices on the Thule Proride 591?

Dont know about the specific model you are looking for, but there are some show specials