ISM ADAMO SADDLE

TYWALK

Hi All

I just bought an new Felt tri bike and it comes standard with the Felt Saddle.

I am going for a fitting today and wanted your thoughts on whether i should buy a new Adamo seat before i go for this fitting.

I have never ridden a tri bike despite doing loads of triathlons and racing 70.3 in Jan and plan to do full Ironman 2015.

Is the Adamo seat worth it? or should i just stick with the original seat?

I have the Road and I absolutely love it. Most comfortable saddle I've ever sat on.

But like always with saddles, it does come down to personal preference. Can't you try the saddle at the fitting before buying?

There is a Bontrager saddle where the width of the split in the front of the saddle is adjustable. May be something to look at if you find the Adamo split not to your liking.

The Adamo split is slightly different as it is not fixed between the splits (their patent).

Point is, I love the Adamo TT on my TT bike. Would not look back. Does need specific setup though. I think it is a slightly higher saddle from rails to the top end where you sit

Agree does need some time to setup, only saddle found comfortable enough for 180km's...

Look at the Adamo Prologue, found it a bit more comfortable than the Road...

Thanks Guys.

The guys at Troisport will be setting me up on it at the same time. So hopefully they get it right.

Just tested the bike on a trainer and the original Felt seat felt like it was digging into me.

Adamo prologue ok, whatr about the Adamo TT ?

I have the time trial saddle and no complaints, it replaced the fizik that came with my cervelo, I thought I was comfortable on the fizik after many miles but wanted to see what all the fuss was about, noticed a huge difference in comfort.

I got it a few months before IMSA last year and it took no time at all to get used to (although I would recommend a bit of chamois butter the first time).

I got mine online at www.trybikestore.co.uk and it was a lot cheaper than Troi, free delivery and duties were only R77 (although it was during the post office strike so that may have been a lucky mistake).

You wont look back

Edited by TriBeej

Thanks Guys.

The guys at Troisport will be setting me up on it at the same time. So hopefully they get it right.

Just tested the bike on a trainer and the original Felt seat felt like it was digging into me.

Adamo prologue ok, whatr about the Adamo TT ?

Adamo TT is very firm, Prologue has more padding...

I bought the Prologue three days ago. The Oval saddle on my two month old Kestral was just way too hard for my softie arse. I struggled to go 70km without getting really uncomfortable, and I hate the numbnuts feeling. There was no way I was ever getting over 100km on normal saddles. I bought from bikedeals.co.za, and looked at all the models they have in stock. I couldn't really see a reason to pay R800 more for the TT version. I chose the Prologue over the Road because the nose prongs are longer and I thought it would support me better when sitting forward on the saddle in aero position.

Only did one 65km ride on it so far: no numbnuts, and just very slight discomfort right on the sitbones. Everyone as above do however say it takes a few rides to get your bum adjusted to it as the sitting position is different from normal saddles. So far so good!

Edited by Snytjie

I bought the Prologue three days ago. The Oval saddle on my two month old Kestral was just way too hard for my softie arse. I struggled to go 70km without getting really uncomfortable, and I hate the numbnuts feeling. There was no way I was ever getting over 100km on normal saddles. I bought from bikedeals.co.za, and looked at all the models they have in stock. I couldn't really see a reason to pay R800 more for the TT version. I chose the Prologue over the Road because the nose prongs are longer and I thought it would support me better when sitting forward on the saddle in aero position.

Only did one 65km ride on it so far: no numbnuts, and just very slight discomfort right on the sitbones. Everyone as above do however say it takes a few rides to get your bum adjusted to it as the sitting position is different from normal saddles. So far so good!

Yeah your sit bones will be sore for the first couple rides but then all will be sorted and its happy days

Adamo TT = best investment i made on my tri bike. took 2 weeks solid riding to break in tho but once done i never looked back..

I have the Adamo Road. It's my 1st Adamo, so won't be able to compare it to other models. But what I can say, I will never ride TT again on any other saddle!

Edited by Spartan226

I love Adamo. Got a TT one on the tri bike and love it.

Used to get some numbness on my road bike. Changed that to an Adamo road and will never look back.